BICC Guernsey

Post all your results here for others to see.
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:51 am Still unable to see any times on the BICC site
It was with the CSCFC, central southern classic flying club this week Buster.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Andy

I had another one back at 9.30 this morning. It was the grizzle cock from Trev. No more during the day. I did notice this afternoon that the gay pied from Trev that arrived back while I was up the club last night had been hawked and has a gash down one side under the wing.
Murray

Good to see they are competitive, Andy.
Keep going and you might get the wind to suit you and be right in it.
Sorry to hear about the pied hen. I do reckon they pied ones are a bit of a target for the hawks.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:37 pm
Buster121 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:51 am Still unable to see any times on the BICC site
It was with the CSCFC, central southern classic flying club this week Buster.
That's why then :lol: :lol: :lol:
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:40 pm I had another one back at 9.30 this morning. It was the grizzle cock from Trev. No more during the day. I did notice this afternoon that the gay pied from Trev that arrived back while I was up the club last night had been hawked and has a gash down one side under the wing.
Hope it recovers mate
killer

Well done Andy , Mate get a Row boat a morn paddle will bring you to peak form ,also lol ,
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:34 pm
Andy wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:40 pm I had another one back at 9.30 this morning. It was the grizzle cock from Trev. No more during the day. I did notice this afternoon that the gay pied from Trev that arrived back while I was up the club last night had been hawked and has a gash down one side under the wing.
Hope it recovers mate
I think he will be fine. Seems fine in himself. Not sure whether he will race again this year. I’ll have to see how the wound clears up.
Andy

killer wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:13 pm Well done Andy , Mate get a Row boat a morn paddle will bring you to peak form ,also lol ,
😂🤣.

I’m not that worried about being behind on these early races. As these are hopefully birds that will compete at 400+ miles what I am looking are pigeons that are willing to put the hours in on the day. What condition they come back in and how quickly they recover. Also those that don’t get home on the day I like to see that they are willing to get up and continue the following day as they will have too on the longest races.
Murray

Except they may not be the 'early races'.
They may be 'the races'.
It would do your head in wondering, "Are we are allowed into Europe this week? "
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

Murray wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:12 am Except they may not be the 'early races'.
They may be 'the races'.
It would do your head in wondering, "Are we are allowed into Europe this week? "
Ian Evans from the RPRA is having a meeting with DEFRA tomorrow. Hopefully we’ll be closer to an outcome then.
I have 2 choices really. Turn the birds North as the CSCFC & BBC are doing so as from the 28th May or stick with flying South with the BICC. Racing North would give us the chance of getting some distance. But there is still a chance that a couple of channel races could happen.
Even if not though I am inclined to stay South. I have a young team and my aim is still Barcelona. So I think although not ideal the Guernsey races are better than switching them North. From Guernsey they do at least have to cross the channel. Each time they go to Guernsey the racing could be different. The wind direction could be different. They are getting the experience of racing in nationals, being in the transporter for a couple of days and having to sort themselves out from thousands of pigeons going in different directions. If the yearlings can have 3 or 4 Guernsey’s I’ll be happy.