BICC Guernsey

Post all your results here for others to see.
killer

Andy ,I use your system when there’s no hawks around ,as I find it’s the best system to get the birds fit ,but only with older birds that have been down the track ,,even then they get a few tossers to get there minds on the job ,now young birds ,let’s look at this ,our own children don’t start at uni !they start at kindy & learn there way through , I believe they need plenty of short basket work ,I like sending birds to racers knowing I have a chance 🥲😁😆
Murray

killer wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:27 pm Andy ,I use your system when there’s no hawks around ,as I find it’s the best system to get the birds fit ,but only with older birds that have been down the track ,,even then they get a few tossers to get there minds on the job ,now young birds ,let’s look at this ,our own children don’t start at uni !they start at kindy & learn there way through , I believe they need plenty of short basket work ,I like sending birds to racers knowing I have a chance 🥲😁😆
That's a good way of putting it, killer.
Children start at Kindergarten, then primary school, etc.,
I don't think you can over do the basket work with young birds. It's where they learn their trade.
Old birds, not so much. I think they get bored and sick of being trained up the road too often.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
killer

Even if you only toss them to where they have got to break from ,now got to any loft that do not toss on race day ,they are manly behind ,reason being there birds do not come straight at them from the race point ,being they lose time simple ,Education is the answer ,,but don’t over do it ,
Andy

killer wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:54 am Even if you only toss them to where they have got to break from ,now got to any loft that do not toss on race day ,they are manly behind ,reason being there birds do not come straight at them from the race point ,being they lose time simple ,Education is the answer ,,but don’t over do it ,
Whilst a agree to a point with what your saying Killer I do think national racing is totally different from club/fed racing. There is no way I could find a breaking point. They are flying into a front of members that is 250 miles across. The wind plays the biggest part of where on the coast they are going to make landfall. The winners from Guernsey last week in a East wind were in Plymouth. Today in a light NW wind they are more likely to be over the West, 200 miles different. Hopefully with the light NW they may come in more central, which is better for me being only 30 miles from the coast. Ours do a lot of dog legging I would image, all dead time. I would have to train from in the middle of the English Channel to find any sort of breaking point.
I always think those flying further up country have an advantage over those closer the coast. The width of the country narrows and it doesn’t matter so much where along the coast they land they are still flying north.
I do think that if the youngsters are ranging well they learn more about the surrounding area than they would from short trainers.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

I am trying to build a picture in my mind.
Geoff and Catherine Cooper live somewhere in the south west of England. They are very successful in the channel races.
How far away is their place from you in Somerset, Andy?
Andy

Murray wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:39 am I am trying to build a picture in my mind.
Geoff and Catherine Cooper live somewhere in the south west of England. They are very successful in the channel races.
How far away is their place from you in Somerset, Andy?
Their about 18 miles north west from me Murray. There are some good national fliers near here but to be well up in the open results over this side of the country the wind has to be right. Always nice to get close in the section at least and look to beat these top fliers. Others near here are Mr & Mrs Hodges, Gary and Prilly, no relation, about 4 miles south, John Halstead about 5 miles south east, Dave and John Staddon, about 5 miles west and Clive and Gill Rogers about 17 miles north west. Along with some top fliers in South Wales.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

That helps me to get an idea of where we are.
The Staddons are names I recognize.
So, you are not an orphan. You are in an area where there are a few very successful channel racers.
Excellent. :D
We will be the next ones.
Murray

Apart from the Coopers, the Staddons are names I recognize.
You are in a good place to do the Barcelona Loft project
killer

Murray , best National flyers ,are Mark Gilbert ,he tosses on what I’ve been talon his YBS ,he as now branched out into racing sprinters ,he as 2 Sons of Kittle & his doing a lot of damage ,all because some smart arse=,knocked his distance birds in the short races ,from which he was using as training tosses ,I believe the Coopers toss there distance YBS as mark & them work together !
Buster121

Any birds back in this as no results showing