BICC Guernsey

Post all your results here for others to see.
Andy

The 2738 birds were liberated at 10.20am after waiting for heavy cloud to clear. They were liberated in broken cloud with a strong NE wind. They broke into 2 batches before leaving the island. Not surprisingly the winner was in Plymouth with the early arrivals being over the East of the country and up into Wales.
We had our first arrival at 13.37. It was the blue cock from Potter having his first ever race having only had 4 x 10 mile trainers as a youngster. Provisionally 50th section 221st open. Our second arrival at 14.25 was the blue hen from Potter. She is the one that is bow legged and was missing off the loft for around 6 weeks as a youngster. She too was having her first ever race with the same training as a youngster. We had a 3rd arrival at 18.07. This one was the blue Chequer pied hen from George. She did have one race as a youngster where she arrived 11 days late.
I have handled all 3 this evening and they all handle well and have lost very little weight. Hopefully we will get some more back tomorrow. I’m not worried when the others arrive as it’s all good experience for them.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

I just come to post result but you beat me to it

Well done Andy and the proud breeders
Murray

A quick bit of arithmetic shows that the first one was in the top 10% of the returns.
A very encouraging start. :D
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

Murray wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:53 am A quick bit of arithmetic shows that the first one was in the top 10% of the returns.
A very encouraging start. :D
Will be a bit further down than that in the final result Murray as members only have to verify their first arrivals for the provincial result.
No more this morning yet but it is raining and it will depend on how far away they are. I hope I get a few more but generally quite happy. I was in front or just behind members who have been training and racing for the last couple of weeks. As I’ve said I’m not interested in these races its just good experience for the birds for the longer races later on.
Murray

Still, you had a couple of good ones, and another one on the day.
A good start.
Andy

Yes Murray. I know in club/fed racing you would expect to get them all from 109 miles where they are all flying into the same general area. But as we know national racing is totally different. This is a bit of a breakdown. There were 644 birds from the East of the country, 1066 from the centre and 650 from my section, the west. Along with 378 from the northern sections. The shortest flyer was in Plymouth at 87 miles and the furthest 301 miles up in Colne Lancashire. The front between East and West along the coast is 300 miles. There were good arrivals in all sections. So if birds get in with the wrong batches our 109 miles can easily become 300/400 miles.
Murray

So long story short, the Test Loft was competitive in the first race for the year. :D
Andy

Murray wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:24 am So long story short, the Test Loft was competitive in the first race for the year. :D
Yes Murray. I meant to say that looking at the result there weren’t that many yearlings. There were a few, but a lot were 2 & 3 year olds.
Andy

Not the best weather for further returns today. Brightening up a bit now, late afternoon. But during the rain and mist this morning at 11.37 we had one more arrive. It was Muzzaboy Murray. He was wet and had a red wattle and had also lost a bit of weight. He had obviously flown quite hard this morning to get home. Who knows how many miles he has flown. He was scrapping with another cock shortly after arriving so can’t have felt too bad. Hopefully if some of the others are in this country and got over the channel they will turn up during the week.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:52 pm Not the best weather for further returns today. Brightening up a bit now, late afternoon. But during the rain and mist this morning at 11.37 we had one more arrive. It was Muzzaboy Murray. He was wet and had a red wattle and had also lost a bit of weight. He had obviously flown quite hard this morning to get home. Who knows how many miles he has flown. He was scrapping with another cock shortly after arriving so can’t have felt too bad. Hopefully if some of the others are in this country and got over the channel they will turn up during the week.
Good to see old Muzza back safely, hope the others do as well