Yb teams

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:30 pm
NeilA wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:07 pm
Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:33 pm Love yb racing had 2 seasons out from yb racing but can't wait to race baby's again
What fed you in now mate
I'm racing south m8 fens fed n mnfc
Ok mate good luck
Andy

I do lose the odd ones off the loft but not many, one this year so far. I may from time to time have one die but never separate a poorly one and never treat for anything apart from the mandatory PMV. When it comes to training I don’t think I’ve lost one in the last 3 years and only a small number in racing. I had one bad young bird race last year where I lost 6, the third race. But after that only lost 3 in the other 5 races.
What treatment do others use if any?
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
worm

Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:33 pm Love yb racing had 2 seasons out from yb racing but can't wait to race baby's again
can't wait to follow your results good luck for rest of season we all need a little bit
williams and hadfield
Murray

Devo1956 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:47 pm It's a pity the photos did not enlarge Murray, I would have liked to have seen the youngsters mate.
I sometimes find that with my phone for some reason.
I'll take the camera and get some good shots one day.
It's an hour's drive each way so we tend not to go there all the time.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Murray

king wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:32 pm The size of the YB team is a huge factor. The smaller your team the quicker they will fly. My YB team was around 25 bred from 2 rounds. Weaned into TWO sections. They were loft flown separate, and trained separate. Rarely dropped a pigeon when training in the last 4 years I raced.
True that.
I only have a small yb team every year and they fly like rockets, rather than the swirling drag you can see at times with a big team.
NeilA

Andy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:55 pm I do lose the odd ones off the loft but not many, one this year so far. I may from time to time have one die but never separate a poorly one and never treat for anything apart from the mandatory PMV. When it comes to training I don’t think I’ve lost one in the last 3 years and only a small number in racing. I had one bad young bird race last year where I lost 6, the third race. But after that only lost 3 in the other 5 races.
What treatment do others use if any?
Other than vaccine I use nothing at first
Then from May bleach in the water one day a week worms every 6 weeks

From when I am close to racing
I treat blind for respo every 2-3, weeks
Canker about the once in the season unless told I need to treat
I don’t treat for cocci unless told to I use a product for fungus regular I also like to use the acriflavine up the wattle if time but if not on the grub on the food these are weeks I’m not treating for fungus

iodine once a week

I have a new product to post race but it’s only a try out

Last year I Bred 45 finished with 36 only had 4 races
Trev

Some good and interesting posts there, many roads lead to Rome as they say.
I don't breed until April and other than a few stock pairs I will only breed one round from my chosen pairs anyway, most of my youngsters are left to wean themselves, other than the few pairs that I have in my small stock shed. These babies do have to run the gauntlet a bit on weaning as all my birds run and fly together, they usually cope fine. The birds are also on an open loft which does unfortunately make it a little trickier trying to control the babies but I don't stress over it, youngsters are all about development and training and by the time they are old birds they've settled down.
I'm a lazy fancier who's competitive edge has long since passed, I just love having the birds around and I enjoy the longer races so this system suits me.
Murray

Yes, some very informative stuff about the fanciers.
I may appear slightly laid back and unconcerned, nothing could be further from the truth. I have a strong relationship with my pigeons, and they with me. I am always conscious of their health and well being.
What I don't do is fall into the trap of thinking that if I am not poking something into them I don't care and am not trying. It's because I care for them that I do not push chemicals into them all the time.
For instance, I don't use probiotics to restore the gut flora, because I don't use antibiotics to remove them in the first place.
I just let them be pigeons.
NeilA

Murray wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:20 am Yes, some very informative stuff about the fanciers.
I may appear slightly laid back and unconcerned, nothing could be further from the truth. I have a strong relationship with my pigeons, and they with me. I am always conscious of their health and well being.
What I don't do is fall into the trap of thinking that if I am not poking something into them I don't care and am not trying. It's because I care for them that I do not push chemicals into them all the time.
For instance, I don't use probiotics to restore the gut flora, because I don't use antibiotics to remove them in the first place.
I just let them be pigeons.
Not convinced on probiotics work anyway , not just a few days post treatment
To be honest if you don’t keep on top of things here you just wouldn’t win
Mine are on a treatment from tomorrow for respo etc
It’s the 4th race been mixed with birds never treated and shut in a hot transporter last night
Murray

:D