Yb teams

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
NeilA

I don’t really understand Murray ?
All pigeons should come home to some level or have I got the wrong end of the stick
king

The size of the YB team is a huge factor. The smaller your team the quicker they will fly. My YB team was around 25 bred from 2 rounds. Weaned into TWO sections. They were loft flown separate, and trained separate. Rarely dropped a pigeon when training in the last 4 years I raced.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Just weaning my last ones soon
That s April baby's for me there's a month of so difference in age the older ones are basket n trap trained they been out few times now once others are weaned I start getting them at it quick don't like baby's sitting around.
I don't split baby's n they stay together right through winter some really bond after the moult I split them but racers are never paired or bred from its just a system I use that suits me.
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:14 pm Just weaning my last ones soon
That s April baby's for me there's a month of so difference in age the older ones are basket n trap trained they been out few times now once others are weaned I start getting them at it quick don't like baby's sitting around.
I don't split baby's n they stay together right through winter some really bond after the moult I split them but racers are never paired or bred from its just a system I use that suits me.
If I had feeders iwould have all late Aprils
Anthony webster
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:21 pm
Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:14 pm Just weaning my last ones soon
If I had feeders iwould have all late Aprils
I would of been dine but Greg large in ire wanted 4 of my best lambrechts so he had them n iv waited for mine 4 baby's but during that time my best pair filled n have 2 of them same age so another few days there be over n there get 6 weeks of darkness others been on dark since 1st May.
NeilA

Ideal
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Love yb racing had 2 seasons out from yb racing but can't wait to race baby's again
Diamond Dave
Great Britain

No expert, but I l8ke to put a couple of 3rd babies in with a kit of 1st and 2nd round yb that had long since been kitted up and ranging. I find they learn quicker. You just have to be careful the first few weeks they start going out. They newd to be flying ressonably well before letting them out with the others.
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:33 pm Love yb racing had 2 seasons out from yb racing but can't wait to race baby's again
What fed you in now mate
Anthony webster
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:07 pm
Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:33 pm Love yb racing had 2 seasons out from yb racing but can't wait to race baby's again
What fed you in now mate
I'm racing south m8 fens fed n mnfc