Before finishing in the sport.

Post your topics on breeding or family of pigeons here.
NeilA

Devo1956 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:18 pm Just to let new members know, i had to finish in the sport because of ILD, so my problems with my lungs are getting worse. My wife and I were moving to Spain Last year, but then we found out my wife has vascular dementia. So that put a stop to us moving to Spain. So i am now taking part in OlR again, not like racing your own and having a loft in your back garden. But it helps staying in the sport.
That’s sad Devo
Lot easier just breeding pigeons than racing at anytime and particularly under your circumstances
Sorry I didn’t know you never raced how long is it since you did race
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Cheers Devo
When and where did you race pal what area what federation,
Good luck in the olr I like watching them on utube.
Devo1956

NeilA wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:36 pm
Devo1956 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:18 pm Just to let new members know, i had to finish in the sport because of ILD, so my problems with my lungs are getting worse. My wife and I were moving to Spain Last year, but then we found out my wife has vascular dementia. So that put a stop to us moving to Spain. So i am now taking part in OlR again, not like racing your own and having a loft in your back garden. But it helps staying in the sport.
That’s sad Devo
Lot easier just breeding pigeons than racing at anytime and particularly under your circumstances
Sorry I didn’t know you never raced how long is it since you did race
Neil it was a around 5 years ago, before i finished with the birds. I was going to Breed the birds, and a partner would race them from his loft. Things did not work out, after spending a good sum on breeding stock. Then i was told by my consultant birds had to go. The birds went too very good owners, and i have had good reports back. Breeding was always gold to me.
NeilA

So did you never get to race ?
Devo1956

NeilA wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:01 pm So did you never get to race ?
Yes Neil i did get to race, it was in the Liverpool Amal. But it was off and on, i ran pubs in Liverpool for over 17 years so had a good time out of the sport. Before i went to work in Germany, I topped the Liverpool Amal from Hereford 7200 birds young bird race. Then I returned to the sport many years after,
Anthony webster
Great Britain

One thing iv found difficult is getting real good birds,
Most now soon as I start putting pressure on em they start bending n finally break,
I love breeding but only now when I'm really confident of parents I will never buy a bird with out seeing it but rather buy a late bred of a champion at end of season then if its not right I can remove it straght away them birds that don't give u that click in ya head normally let u down each time,
You look at fastest birds from quivrien most weeks u see few names we know but most are unheard of
Frans leys sent 4 birds had fastest this week n he's first bird was he's nom bird as well that's brilliant flying.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Devo1956 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:07 pm
Yes Neil i did get to race, it was in the Liverpool Amal. But it was off and on, i ran pubs in Liverpool for over 17 years so had a good time out of the sport. Before i went to work in Germany, I topped the Liverpool Amal from Hereford 7200 birds young bird race. Then I returned to the sport many years after,
Do you know my good pals stevie goulding n Steve milner devo
Devo1956

Anthony webster wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:12 pm
Yes Antony, Stevie Goulding about 3 miles from me, great guy and flyer.
NeilA

Yes Neil i did get to race, it was in the Liverpool Amal. But it was off and on, i ran pubs in Liverpool for over 17 years so had a good time out of the sport. Before i went to work in Germany, I topped the Liverpool Amal from Hereford 7200 birds young bird race.
Then I returned to the sport many years after,
So it’s years since you raced ?
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Devo1956 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:15 pm
Anthony webster wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:12 pm

Yes Antony, Stevie Goulding about 3 miles from me, great guy and flyer.
He's still mad as fxxx but he's heart is in right place
They had good weekend won both clubs