Hawks / peregrine lost birds

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
NeilA

CHARLTON34 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:05 pm Hello this is happening all over the UK on training tosses & racing total decimation of people's teams. The RPRA haven't got a clue as to what to do & I dare say they aren't bothered because if they did care they would of acknowledged the situation & went down the legal route/ compensation at the minimum for members & actions taken against these man-made peregrine nesting site's.
To anyone who has to put up with this on a regular basis or have lost good pigeons racing unfortunately whatever you post on these forum's it's not going to improve things anytime soon, sorry to be negative NeilA but this situation has been allowed to develop into this & is totally out of control.
Yep totally agree
But take Grantham I did a google search there is a church there that’s had 8 peregrines on in March and April to a pair took to nest so that’s 8 what they the birders claim not us
So how does the Rpra licence a site like that to lib from surely these things should be checked after all it’s so easy have found out
Anthony webster
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:42 pm
Anthony webster wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:19 pm It's getting awful pal
Thing is like many, not just me
my team is 8 old cocks 12 young cocks so you select strict not just keeping them incase they win I have killed fed winners if one offs . Every 2 year old and older pigeon I lose could have won the next week in my head
So what’s the answer for the working man double the team or keep shit in the hope they get hit instead and put up with them homing from races
Lucky this year I have some yearling hens that I am trying but it’s double the work again
It's awkward because the mini u keep more the results get worse,

This post has been edited, can I ask all members to be aware of what they are writing please Buster
Andy

Sorry to hear that Neil. I have only lost one so far but that was my best young bird last year and we haven’t been any distance yet.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
CHARLTON34

Anthony I understand totally your frustration with this but you need to be careful in what your posting m8.
Regards Dave.
CHARLTON34

I agree with your point NeilA that all liberation site needs to be checked for everything before agreeing it's use.
It will only turn out to be a mobile feeding station for the peregrines, so in my area I have Weymouth, Yeovil, Wincanton, Bath, Mangotfield Frome all these have local population of peregrines.
They aren't stupid this is how they've evolved over the decades with these artificial nesting site's on the line of flight as I said previously it's out of control.
Regards Dave.
NeilA

CHARLTON34 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:58 pm I agree with your point NeilA that all liberation site needs to be checked for everything before agreeing it's use.
It will only turn out to be a mobile feeding station for the peregrines, so in my area I have Weymouth, Yeovil, Wincanton, Bath, Mangotfield Frome all these have local population of peregrines.
They aren't stupid this is how they've evolved over the decades with these artificial nesting site's on the line of flight as I said previously it's out of control.
Regards Dave.
Agree Dave
I feel I just lost 3 good cocks that are hard enough to find for no fault if there’s and to be honest I miss them as my cocks I treat as individuals and now there box is empty
Last edited by NeilA on Mon May 06, 2024 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHARLTON34

The financial ramifications of this is lost revenue to all clubs, Feds, Combine etc with falling /missing birdage, this will have an impact on fanciers & the RPRA eventually, with fancier's packing in & a falling membership to our governing body through lack of intervention on there part with the continued persecution of all wild birds & racing pigeons.
Just wish we could find away forward & drastically have numbers reduced to a natural balance with these raptor's.
Regards Dave
Andy

CHARLTON34 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:58 pm I agree with your point NeilA that all liberation site needs to be checked for everything before agreeing it's use.
Regards Dave.
Our liberation point at Chale next week with the combine is apparently full of peregrines Dave.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
NeilA

CHARLTON34 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:33 pm The financial ramifications of this is lost revenue to all clubs, Feds, Combine etc with falling /missing birdage, this will have an impact on fanciers & the RPRA eventually, with fancier's packing in & a falling membership to our governing body through lack of intervention on there part with the continued persecution of all wild birds & racing pigeons.
Just wish we could find away forward & drastically have numbers reduced to a natural balance with these raptor's.
Regards Dave
If this continues I honest would consider packing in , I race against big teams that don’t need to work with 20 cocks I now have 15 and 3 fed winners gone
What chance do I have
Devo1956

This is a subject that will affect most members, but can we watch what we post please. There must be a way forward, keeping the sport going forward and promoting the welfare of our birds.