Hawks / peregrine lost birds

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
NeilA

I have had 2 races from Grantham 1 from Retford 83 and 110 miles
So far I have 5 lost 3 of which are fed winners and I have 3 recovering with feathers missing like bop attack
I can’t say peregrine have done this or my birds got lost in another way but they are 1x3yr 2x 2yr old and 2 yearlings
One was 4th fed last week in the same velocity as this week in a head wind
Having started with 20 cocks I’m now looking at my team and thinking can I even chance you all each week
To lose 3 of my 7 fed winners has knocked me a bit
Anyone else lost or got attacked 25 per cent of there team like i have
Normally I may lose 2/3 all year
I never lost a pigeon at Newark yet we moved race points to avoid the peregrines at Newark are there a lot there ?
Last edited by NeilA on Mon May 06, 2024 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devo1956

NeilA wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:22 pm I have had 2 races from Grantham 1 from Retford 83 and 110 miles
So far I have 5 lost 3 of which are fed winners and I have 3 recovering with feathers missing like bop attack
I can’t say peregrine have done this or my birds got lost in another way but they are 1x3yr 2x 2yr old and 2 yearlings
One was 4th fed last week in the same velocity as this week in a head wind
Having started with 20 cocks I’m now looking at my team and thinking can I even chance you all each week
To lose 3 of my 7 fed winners has knocked me a bit
Anyone else lost 25 per cent of there team like i have
Normally I may lose 2/3 all year
This day of age of racing, i would say around 33% of the birds are lost throughout the year. Whatever the reason, sorry to hear of your loses Neil.
NeilA

Two years ago I had 19 ended with 17
Now three races in I’m 5 down already
I don’t do much different to then feed the sane etc gets dropping checked treat for worms every 6 weeks respo every 3 nothing really changed
I have two cocks here one was 2nd fed last week he would have been 5th fed this week but the ETS failed i am looking at him thinking about keeping him at home this week the other has 4 first do I even risk them
Devo1956

NeilA wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:37 pm Two years ago I had 19 ended with 17
I don’t do much different to then feed the sane etc gets dropping checked treat for worms every 6 weeks respo every 3 nothing really changed
I have two cocks here one was 2nd fed last week he would have been 5th fed this week but the ETS failed i am looking at him thinking about keeping him at home this week the other has 4 first do I even risk them
I guess its all about running the gauntlet, it would be good to find out the loss % over the Uk. But i think it will be more or less the same.
NeilA

Devo1956 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:41 pm
NeilA wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:37 pm Two years ago I had 19 ended with 17
I guess its all about running the gauntlet, it would be good to find out the loss % over the Uk. But i think it will be more or less the same.
It’s all a bit new to me having these loses there pigeons that will I expect to be breaking quick from the race point where some of my others might not be away so quick
I just wonder if moving the race points with good intentions may have back fired a bit
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Neil Steve Surrey as a 6x1st cock away topped Pdf fed topped section 4 times 10 top fed honours against 2800 birds n he's missing pal these things gut fanciers
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:00 pm Neil Steve Surrey as a 6x1st cock away topped Pdf fed topped section 4 times 10 top fed honours against 2800 birds n he's missing pal these things gut fanciers
Poor bloke
It’s getting like you have to keep a bigger team than you want just to cover peregrine
I had 7 fed winners in my race shed 3 weeks ago with lots of prizes I have 4 now and we are at 110 miles . I can’t believe these 3 cocks just chucked it in
Anthony webster
Great Britain

It's getting awful pal
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:19 pm It's getting awful pal
Thing is like many, not just me
my team is 8 old cocks 12 young cocks so you select strict not just keeping them incase they win I have killed fed winners if one offs . Every 2 year old and older pigeon I lose could have won the next week in my head
So what’s the answer for the working man double the team or keep shit in the hope they get hit instead and put up with them homing from races
Lucky this year I have some yearling hens that I am trying but it’s double the work again
CHARLTON34

Hello this is happening all over the UK on training tosses & racing total decimation of people's teams. The RPRA haven't got a clue as to what to do & I dare say they aren't bothered because if they did care they would of acknowledged the situation & went down the legal route/ compensation at the minimum for members & actions taken against these man-made peregrine nesting site's.
To anyone who has to put up with this on a regular basis or have lost good pigeons racing unfortunately whatever you post on these forum's it's not going to improve things anytime soon, sorry to be negative NeilA but this situation has been allowed to develop into this & is totally out of control.