Amino acids.

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
NeilA

There are lots of supplements so what works or what doesn’t is hard to judge
Maybe they all benefit different fanciers birds and are part of the individual lofts routine that makes them successful and if they used different supplement's they may not be as successful but they may work in another loft under different management or conditions
My pigeons had a hard race yesterday 1200 ypm I used two products in the water for return . I used another on the corn . Tonight I gave them the same on the corn and one I buy from a health shop with it
I think my pigeons have recovered well and after a day off I hope to see them flying well tomorrow night
Would they recover the same ? I dont know but they look ok tonight
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Different thing all together lads but iv tried many products
But going bk through diary's Dr brocamp products must do something because I used em on 20 races won 16 races then stopped n used again few yrs later 2 races 2 wins then again 9 races 7 wins
So iv tried tollisan n other brands but Dr brocamp must do something for sure.
Andy

I do think that the only true way to see if any of these products give any benefit would be to test them within your own loft. Using them on half your team and not on the other. They would then have exactly the same conditions on race day.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

I have given my pigeons fish oil for a long time, and not because someone told me it is a "golden bullet".
I figured that a grain diet was likely to be deficient in Omega 3 amino acids. So I squeeze a fish oil capsule over the feed and shake it through. I do that every second day or so. My pigeons always look well and have good plumage.
It's cheap, a 1000 capsule pack is about Au$ 25.00.
It's one of those things that might help them and certainly does them no harm.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
king

Andy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:24 pm I do think that the only true way to see if any of these products give any benefit would be to test them within your own loft. Using them on half your team and not on the other. They would then have exactly the same conditions on race day.
The only problem with this is which half do you give the products too? ALL your birds would have to be of equal quality? And every loft I ever visited has some birds better than others.
king

NeilA wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:40 pm There are lots of supplements so what works or what doesn’t is hard to judge
Maybe they all benefit different fanciers birds and are part of the individual lofts routine that makes them successful and if they used different supplement's they may not be as successful but they may work in another loft under different management or conditions
My pigeons had a hard race yesterday 1200 ypm I used two products in the water for return . I used another on the corn . Tonight I gave them the same on the corn and one I buy from a health shop with it
I think my pigeons have recovered well and after a day off I hope to see them flying well tomorrow night
Well done on your recent win Neil. Can I asked why you thought 1200 was a hard race? Back in the 80s many races were 900-1200 and we never ever classed a 1200 race as hard? Even 900 -1000 many just called them slow as returns were often very good.
NeilA

king wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:45 am
NeilA wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:40 pm There are lots of supplements so what works or what doesn’t is hard to judge
Well done on your recent win Neil. Can I asked why you thought 1200 was a hard race? Back in the 80s many races were 900-1200 and we never ever classed a 1200 race as hard? Even 900 -1000 many just called them slow as returns were often very good.

Because I live in 2024 and 1200yom is a working day now for pigeons although I have always considered it to be
maybe hard is the wrong word but my later pigeons would have been in a strong headwind for some time plus it’s there 2nd race so not match fit yet last week we had 2100yon race to me that’s a fast race but i guess they were 4000 ypm per min in the 50’s on the weeks they were not 900 ypm
We have fanciers here that love and dream of a 900 ypm race but don’t realise they have created a loft of homers and they don’t understand unless it a wet dirty day they will never see a card so they live for one day a year rather than finding better pigeons and systems
I remember the late &0’s/90’s with pigeons king I had pigeons as young boy and then worked helping some very good fanciers when I left school before I packed up for 20 years odd years .I don’t remember many fed races down below a 1000 yards as a regular thing and if they were people were not happy . I think when the guy I worked for and who encouraged me won his 2nd car it was a 1800 day so there were fast days
Anthony webster
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:39 am
king wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:45 am

Because I live in 2024 and 1200yom is a working day now for pigeons although I have always considered it to be
maybe hard is the wrong word but my later pigeons would have been in a strong headwind for some time plus it’s there 2nd race so not match fit yet last week we had 2100yon race to me that’s a fast race but i guess they were 4000 ypm per min in the 50’s on the weeks they were not 900 ypm
We have fanciers here that love and dream of a 900 ypm race but don’t realise they have created a loft of homers and they don’t understand unless it a wet dirty day they will never see a card so they live for one day a year rather than finding better pigeons and systems
I remember the late &0’s/90’s with pigeons king I had pigeons as young boy and then worked helping some very good fanciers when I left school before I packed up for 20 years odd years .I don’t remember many fed races down below a 1000 yards as a regular thing and if they were people were not happy . I think when the guy I worked for and who encouraged me won his 2nd car it was a 1800 day so there were fast days
My dad Neil I can't talk pigeons two he goes on n on about the old kirk Patrick's Marsden flints krauths n all them old strains - they was good 40,50 year ago but I see my dad put same effort as me in and win very little done OK on a tough channel race,
He says I'm two strict n should chill out but ya either a winner or ya making numbers on,
Unless it's really tough I pull ets out with in 1 min of first bird I'm not interested in birds fly further than 1 mile behind the leaders,, so when lads are beat by 3 n 4 mins there birds are 3 to 4 miles slower u keep these pigeons 3 yrs n breed of em you have a team of slow racers mainly homers, who's kidding who.
Fanicers are very soft with there birds now one thing in belg because they put lots of money on there birds the homers are straght in deep freeze because iv not met a Belgium flyer who don't eat pigeon they love em.
Andy

king wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:39 am
Andy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:24 pm I do think that the only true way to see if any of these products give any benefit would be to test them within your own loft. Using them on half your team and not on the other. They would then have exactly the same conditions on race day.
The only problem with this is which half do you give the products too? ALL your birds would have to be of equal quality? And every loft I ever visited has some birds better than others.
Yes you would have to split your team into two with the best and worst in the same team and have teams as even as possible. It would at least give you some idea of if a product had any benefit or not. I don’t use anything myself so I wouldn’t even bother myself.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Role of Protein and Amino Acids in Infant and Young Child Nutrition: Protein and Amino Acid Needs and Relationship with Child Growth

Over a third of all deaths of children under the age of five are linked to undernutrition. At a 90% coverage level, a core group of ten interventions inclusive of infant and young child nutrition could save one million lives of children under 5 y of age (15% of all deaths) (Lancet 2013). The infant and young child nutrition package alone could save over 220,000 lives in children under 5 y of age. High quality proteins (e.g. milk) in complementary, supplementary and rehabilitation food products have been found to be effective for good growth. Individual amino acids such as lysine and arginine have been found to be factors linked to growth hormone release in young children via the somatotropic axis and high intakes are inversely associated with fat mass index in pre-pubertal lean girls. Protein intake in early life is positively associated with height and weight at 10 y of age. This paper will focus on examining the role of protein and amino acids in infant and young child nutrition by examining protein and amino acid needs in early life and the subsequent relationship with stunting.