Are Your Pigeons Too Heavy For The Race?

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
Andy

A vert good piece mate.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
king

Whilst I agree with most of what was said, fanciers should not see races in the terms of distance, but as time on the wing. The two are very different things. Also a pigeon CAN fly weight off, but will NEVER fly it on. I recall a very good widowhood fancier sending to a race held at my club and his pigeons in my opinion were very light for a 400 mile fly. I told him this. He then handle some of mine which he said were very heavy. I myself agreed that they were a little more heavy than I liked them, but compared to his I agreed they were heavy. The race turned out a tough one, with the leading birds over 11 hours. Only one of us took our clocks in :D
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Most pigeons are either two heavy
Not good enough
Or lacking brilliant health
Iv marked thousands of pigeons on basket night 98 percent of birds marked ain't ready or right in my opinion.
Frank mcloughlin is a friend of mine and he speaks alot of sense.
king

Buster121

Good info there thanks for the share
Buster121

Anthony webster wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:22 pm Most pigeons are either two heavy
Not good enough
Iv marked thousands of pigeons on basket night 98 percent of birds marked ain't ready or right in my opinion.
Mine would be to heavy but as I no longer race doesn't really make any difference
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Buster121 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:02 pm
Anthony webster wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:22 pm Most pigeons are either two heavy
Not good enough
Mine would be to heavy but as I no longer race doesn't really make any difference
Ya for sure pal I'm only on about racers, like pet dogs to working dogs when weight in concerned
Trev

Very useful and interesting information once again Devo, thanks for posting.
I have to say I've never really fed much Barley, I always saw it as more of a winter corn.
We do have several members in our club who I know use it, might be worth investing in a bag or two !!
Steve Howells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35kUnhP17c4&t=354s

Also and interesting video by Gaby Vandenabeele about his feed exercise schedule.