George Harrison Pigeons

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Buster121

Does anyone know anything about these birds or if any still around, asking for a friend
MIL

New name to me.
Buster121

MIL wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:53 pmNew name to me.
Same here as well that is why I'm asking
Trev

Other than he of Beetles fame it's a name I've heard of either.
I did Google it and it appears his birds were quite popular with Muzza's country folk !!
https://www.facebook.com/notes/80012851 ... N2ndBbQ8io
Albert

Before the import of pigeons ban was lifted in Australia, Harrison pigeons, seemed to be the most talked about breed in Australia.
Andy

This was emailed to me by Devo for Buster. About the George Harrison birds.

Australian Racing Pigeon Family's & There History

The Black Diamond Strain of South Aust-

Black Diamond was so named because indeed he was a rare Gem as a producing Sire. He was bred by A.Rawson of South Australia for C.Kennett of Croydon. Another youngster a full Brother of Black Diamond was given to Vin Blanden's Brother - Milton Blanden out of a nest in 1917, his name was Bonnie.

The Sire of Bonnie and Black Diamond was Wolari, whose Grandparents were imported by the partner ship of The Rowe Bros & Brian Turner of South Australia from the Reverend McKenzie of England and was of the Royal Bloodlines which were heavily based on the Jurion, from the Royal Lofts at Sandringham - England.

The Dam of Bonnie & Black Diamond was Bona and she was bred by Spencer Morgan Evans of Belalie Lofts - Jamestown South Australia from his famous Imported Strains of Pigeons which were the best procurable winning long distance bloodlines in England at that time. She was W.Orchardson's 28 & 27 Pair of Bon Ami from Bon Ami in Belgium, very similar bloodlines to the Gits. This 27 & 28 Pair were one of the greatest producing pairs of Stock Birds in England.

Both Wolari & Bona were very similar to the original Harrison Bloodlines created by George Harrison of Oakamoor - Staffordshire - England.

It was Bonnie that the Blanden Strain was created and the Famous ( Black Diamond Cock ) founded the Kennett Lofts.

Many of our Australian Strains of today still carry traces of the original Black Diamond Cock and indeed Bonnie. Through the Solly Queens & S.M.Evans of J.J. Quinn, the Blanden's which are at the base of the late Allen Goodgers. There are many other families which also carry this bloodline and it has been responsible for many top performances right across Australia, with it's origins coming from

Thanks for the info Devo.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Mmm, yes they were.
But I don't know what happened. I guess they became very inbred and the start of the importation of good modern pigeons from Europe made them redundant.
I know that many of them had become very fine and racey in appearance, and they tended to be wild in the loft. :shock:
Compare that to pigeons with various strains of modern pigeons in their make up.
Intelligent, quiet, strong, well balanced.....
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Trev wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:45 am Other than he of Beetles fame it's a name I've heard of either.
I did Google it and it appears his birds were quite popular with Muzza's country folk !!
https://www.facebook.com/notes/80012851 ... N2ndBbQ8io
Well that is all I can find out but it is someone in Australia who is asking
Buster121

Andy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:55 am This was emailed to me by Devo for Buster. About the George Harrison birds.

Australian Racing Pigeon Family's & There History

The Black Diamond Strain of South Aust-

Black Diamond was so named because indeed he was a rare Gem as a producing Sire. He was bred by A.Rawson of South Australia for C.Kennett of Croydon. Another youngster a full Brother of Black Diamond was given to Vin Blanden's Brother - Milton Blanden out of a nest in 1917, his name was Bonnie.

The Sire of Bonnie and Black Diamond was Wolari, whose Grandparents were imported by the partner ship of The Rowe Bros & Brian Turner of South Australia from the Reverend McKenzie of England and was of the Royal Bloodlines which were heavily based on the Jurion, from the Royal Lofts at Sandringham - England.

The Dam of Bonnie & Black Diamond was Bona and she was bred by Spencer Morgan Evans of Belalie Lofts - Jamestown South Australia from his famous Imported Strains of Pigeons which were the best procurable winning long distance bloodlines in England at that time. She was W.Orchardson's 28 & 27 Pair of Bon Ami from Bon Ami in Belgium, very similar bloodlines to the Gits. This 27 & 28 Pair were one of the greatest producing pairs of Stock Birds in England.

Both Wolari & Bona were very similar to the original Harrison Bloodlines created by George Harrison of Oakamoor - Staffordshire - England.

It was Bonnie that the Blanden Strain was created and the Famous ( Black Diamond Cock ) founded the Kennett Lofts.

Many of our Australian Strains of today still carry traces of the original Black Diamond Cock and indeed Bonnie. Through the Solly Queens & S.M.Evans of J.J. Quinn, the Blanden's which are at the base of the late Allen Goodgers. There are many other families which also carry this bloodline and it has been responsible for many top performances right across Australia, with it's origins coming from

Thanks for the info Devo.
Tell Dev thank you Andy please
Murray

Or better still, tell Devo that Muzza said he is to get his arse back on here, because we need his input. :x
Greetings from the land down under. :D