Royal Ascot for Muzza

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Trev

With one of our biggest racing events due to start tomorrow I was interested to know if you follow racing all a round the world Muzza !! I do like a bit of horse racing and used to enjoy going to the evening meets at Goodwood and I used to have a wager on the Grand National. Ascott and Epsom are massive over hear and I've got friends who go every year, maybe I'll go one day πŸ‘
Murray

G'day Trev,

Yes, I do keep an eye on racing around the world, and obviously Royal Ascot is one of the highlights of the year.
Australia does produce some outstanding sprinters, like Nature Strip who won the Kings Stand Stakes last year, Starspangledbanner, Choisir, and the unbeaten Black Caviar, all of whom have gone to Ascot and triumphed.
I also like to keep up with Hong Kong racing, as a lot of the horses there are Australian.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Trev

Murray wrote: ↑Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:47 am G'day Trev,

Yes, I do keep an eye on racing around the world, and obviously Royal Ascot is one of the highlights of the year.
Australia does produce some outstanding sprinters, like Nature Strip who won the Kings Stand Stakes last year, Starspangledbanner, Choisir, and the unbeaten Black Caviar, all of whom have gone to Ascot and triumphed.
I also like to keep up with Hong Kong racing, as a lot of the horses there are Australian.
πŸ‘πŸ˜
Its going to be hot and humid for a while yet which I imagine will affect the horses too !!!
Murray

I was watching the replays from Royal Ascot on the telly last night. The weather was brilliant and the course was in great order. They were running fast times.
I see the King had a winner at Ascot in his first attendance as monarch. It might make him a little more enthusiastic about the royal stables!
Trev

Murray wrote: ↑Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:05 am I was watching the replays from Royal Ascot on the telly last night. The weather was brilliant and the course was in great order. They were running fast times.
I see the King had a winner at Ascot in his first attendance as monarch. It might make him a little more enthusiastic about the royal stables!
πŸ‘πŸ˜
Yes it has been good weather for it and the rain we had at the weekend must have softened the ground just enough. Yes well done to the Royal Stables πŸ‘ and at 18/1
too, that would have been nice to have had a few quid on πŸ‘Our late Queenie would be have been well chuffed 😁 I see King Charles did manage to knock the trophy over in a way only he could bless him πŸ˜„πŸ˜…
Murray

Yes, His Majesty may have had one or two glasses of the Chateau Bloteau beforehand.
killer

Like to see Murray there in his top hat ,lol
Murray

The hat would be as tall as me!