Ramsgate 10th June

Post all your results here for others to see.
Andy

Ramsgate is 168 miles for me. I sent a team of 9 there. It sounds as though racing has been difficult all over the country this weekend and ours was no exception. They were liberated at 8.00am in no wind. There must have been a bit of a tail wind as the leading birds made good time but after the first hour birds just stopped coming. I hadn’t expected them quite so quick but did have the loft and ETS set ready. The trouble with having the shop I rarely have time to sit and wait or watch the pigeons arrive. Roxanna had some hairdressing to do so there was no chance of me going out to the garden. I did run up at 11.30 and on checking the clock I saw that I had had one drop at 11.15. She is a latebred hen that has beefed coming quite well all season. Her sire is from Pete and her dam from Rich. She was doing 1520ypm finishing 13th club and only 10 minutes behind the winner. This was her 5th race. The winner for Nigel was a 6 year old hen. She actually laid in the basket just before marking. A lot of the birds timed were older birds. I had a second at 11.45. He is a red grizzle cock bred from a son of a cock from magic and a hen from George. Dam is from a daughter of a cock from John & Ben and a hen from Pete. He was first bird last week and this was his 6th race. These were the only 2 I had before going down the club. I had no more when I got back at 8.30 but when I went to shut up at 9.45 Muzzaboy was back. He obviously dropped very late in the day. I have had 2 more this morning but still 4 missing.
IMG_2610.jpeg
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Well done Andy hope others come safely
Trev

Well done Andy a decent result for you in a tail wind !! There were a lot of potential storms around yesterday which wouldn't have helped. It is a shame that you aren't able to see your birds home Andy, it mus be frustrating for you. You never know your bird could have been sat on the roof for ages before it went in 😬😉😅 it's the first year that you have actually been able to get some decent racing in Andy and with your position in such a strong Club/fed you have done ok and can start to actually see what you have in your loft so keep going bruv, you will crack it soon !! With racing as it is at the moment though you might have to consider going back to widowhood next season 🤔🤔
I hope you get a few more turn up.
Murray

That was a good result. Andy. As Trev said, she may have sat out for a few minute before dropping in.
Competitive in strong company anyway. Well done.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
DarkPiedCock
Great Britain

Nice return Andy. On Saturday the wind was 10-15mph NE at Brighton.
Living in Brighton & Sunny Sussex.
Andy

I had the blue pied cock “Steve” from Buster fighting to get into the loft from Saturdays race. His a bit thin but otherwise ok.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
DarkPiedCock
Great Britain

Nice one Andy.
Living in Brighton & Sunny Sussex.
Trev

Good to hear Andy, I hope my Grizzle turns up too 🤞🙏🤞
Buster121

Andy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:02 pm I had the blue pied cock “Steve” from Buster fighting to get into the loft from Saturdays race. His a bit thin but otherwise ok.
Great news mate