Racing today

Post all your results here for others to see.
Andy

Our race today was from Eastbourne 118 miles. I sent 7. They were liberated at 7.00am in a light ENE wind. It must have been quite a bit of East as the winners were doing 1724 ypm. I was only doing 1108 ypm and just over an hour behind the winner. Again I think mine just kept going. My first bird was the little blue hen from Potter. She is always my first or second bird. Second bird was the grizzle cock from Trev. Third bird a red grizzle cock that I bred for Murray. Fourth bird was “Steve” the blue pied cock from Buster. Fifth a yearling blue hen from Pete and sixth was Muzzaboy. So I did get 6/7 although well spread out. I did also get one back from 4 weeks ago.
Eastbourne again next weekend.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Much better returns this week Andy, a good all round performance I know you not really bothered about club racing but it is a shame that they get dragged all over, hope the missing one come in
Andy

I would need to be on widowhood or some sort of roundabout system to compete in these sprint races. The trouble is every race so far has been short and quick. Yesterday the winner was South of me and said that his first one came back from the west. So I imagine they were going through at 60 mph well to the South of us and mine just kept going. Get some South West or West in the wind and it will steady them up. Certainly once we get a bit further. Although only one race for me this year will be over 200 miles.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:26 am I would need to be on widowhood or some sort of roundabout system to compete in these sprint races. The trouble is every race so far has been short and quick. Yesterday the winner was South of me and said that his first one came back from the west. So I imagine they were going through at 60 mph well to the South of us and mine just kept going. Get some South West or West in the wind and it will steady them up. Certainly once we get a bit further. Although only one race for me this year will be over 200 miles.
I had similar when I was racing, I was furthest west and mine always came back from beyond so not only did I give everyone overfly mine went past and came back so they got double advantage but in saying that I did it for the love not the cards
Murray

Good that you had good returns, Andy.
Yes, it would seem they are going past and coming back. As you say with a south west wind to steady them up a bit and coming from the same place again they might do better.
When they get further will help too.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Andy

The thing that’s pleasing is the condition they’re in when even returning late. “IF” they had been flying from liberation until arriving home the last 3 were flying over 9 hours and showed no ill effects from it at all. They could easily go again. Yes maybe they weren’t really trying.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:11 am The thing that’s pleasing is the condition they’re in when even returning late. “IF” they had been flying from liberation until arriving home the last 3 were flying over 9 hours and showed no ill effects from it at all. They could easily go again. Yes maybe they weren’t really trying.
But that could be a good thing when you get to the distance