well pleased this morning

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Trev

George and Morgan wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:14 pm all the pairs i.m breeding off have now gone down the pair were i lost the eggs have gone down again and with the nestbox blocked off they sit tight hope the members are happy with there breeding
Good news George I hope they breed well for you mate, I'm sure they will be a great addition to their new lofts. Look forward to following their progress 👍😀
Trev

Andy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:21 pm Good to hear you’ve got your rings George. I’ve still got 3 pairs of stock birds that still haven’t laid. They are 8 year old hens. Hopefully when it warms up a bit they will lay. They all laid ok last year and have paired up fine this year just haven’t laid yet.
The race birds that have paired are all down on eggs. All pairs should be raising at least one youngster. I have moved a few eggs around to single rear under pairs I didn’t want to breed from.
It is still cold at the moment Andy, I'm sure those hens will lay once it gets warmer.
All my selected pairs have now laid and few more of the spare birds have paired up now too, I did put 3 more nest boxes in at the weekend which have already been occupied 👍😀 I will single rear most of mine too so that my race birds can all rear a youngster.
George and Morgan

went to ring the birds think i was a day early
Trev

George and Morgan wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:06 pm went to ring the birds think i was a day early
Need to check every day though George as the little bugers can soon catch you out lol 😕😂
George and Morgan

i know Trev i lost one of the 6 ybs was not happy with it thing was it was off the old hen as you say you have to watch i find now better a day early then check the ring each day it's so easy to damage the leg if too late i don't have nest boxes as such but shelfs yesterday some egg shell on the floor high up 2 more just hatched these are off the broken wing hen