Race program for 2023

Post your club / fed news in here.
Andy

Having joined Glastonbury racing with the WOESRC flying East to West and flying North with the CSCFC this is the possible program.

Old birds

15th April. Holmsley 37 miles
22nd April. Holmsley 37 miles
29th April. Littlehampton 83 miles
6th May. Brighton 100 miles
13th May. Eastbourne 119 miles
20th May Brighton 100 miles. (Won’t be racing this weekend as my youngest son is getting married)
27th May. Eastbourne 119 miles
27th May. Wakefield 185 miles North CSCFC
3rd June. Eastbourne 119 miles
10th June. Ramsgate 268 miles
17th June. Eastbourne 119 miles
17th June. Hexham 270 miles North CSCFC
24th June Maidstone 206 miles
1st July Brighton 100 miles
8th July. Eastbourne 119 miles
15th July. Brighton 100 miles
15th July. Thurso 522 miles North CSCFC

Young birds

29th July Holmsley 37 miles
5th August. Holmsley 37 miles
12th August. Littlehampton 83 miles
19th August. Littlehampton 83 miles
26th August. Holmsley 37 miles
2nd September. Littlehampton 83 miles
9th September. Littlehampton 83 miles
16th September. Brighton 100 miles
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

That'll give you plenty of racing, Andy.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

That is a good programme mate, how dare your son get married on a race weekend :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andy

Not much in the way of distance though. My main goal for the yearlings will either be Ramsgate or Hexham. For the older ones it will be Thurso. It will give me a chance to give the young birds a bit of experience.
Andy

Buster121 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:37 pm That is a good programme mate, how dare your son get married on a race weekend :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know. I got married on the weekend break between old and young bird racing lol. I do remember clocking in and going down the club during the evening when a couple of my brothers got married πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Trev

That looks good Andy, it will be nice for you to actually get a few more races in this year. I think 270 miles for yearlings is ok Andy especially when they've not had any racing as youngsters and Thurso is certainly a decent distance for your older birds.
Trev

Andy wrote: ↑Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:43 pm
Buster121 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:37 pm That is a good programme mate, how dare your son get married on a race weekend :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know. I got married on the weekend break between old and young bird racing lol. I do remember clocking in and going down the club during the evening when a couple of my brothers got married πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Yes I remember when me and Nina (my first wife) got married I was suited and booted and ready to go when the birds arrived and you took our clocks down the club in the evening lol πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ I also sent to Stonehaven the week after before my honeymoon and Mum clocked in for me lol πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Murray

Andy wrote: ↑Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:40 pm Not much in the way of distance though. My main goal for the yearlings will either be Ramsgate or Hexham. For the older ones it will be Thurso. It will give me a chance to give the young birds a bit of experience.
That was my initial thought too, there's not much distance, 100 miles being the longest young bird race. Still, if they go most weeks it will give them a thorough grounding for the old bird racing.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Andy

Murray wrote: ↑Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:31 pm
Andy wrote: ↑Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:40 pm Not much in the way of distance though. My main goal for the yearlings will either be Ramsgate or Hexham. For the older ones it will be Thurso. It will give me a chance to give the young birds a bit of experience.
That was my initial thought too, there's not much distance, 100 miles being the longest young bird race. Still, if they go most weeks it will give them a thorough grounding for the old bird racing.
Trouble is I am almost the shortest flyer in the combine. The thing is with this combine is that it covers a very large area. From the first race the Gloucester clubs will be flying 40 miles further than me. But when it gets to Brighton it’s only 16 miles difference. The line of flight is very different also. We need the birds to come along the bottom of the combine. Any South in the wind and they are likely to go much further north of us. It is impossible even on the short races to train on a line of flight as this would be different for every race depending on weather.
Trev

Andy wrote: ↑Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:52 pm
Murray wrote: ↑Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:31 pm
Trouble is I am almost the shortest flyer in the combine. The thing is with this combine is that it covers a very large area. From the first race the Gloucester clubs will be flying 40 miles further than me. But when it gets to Brighton it’s only 16 miles difference. The line of flight is very different also. We need the birds to come along the bottom of the combine. Any South in the wind and they are likely to go much further north of us. It is impossible even on the short races to train on a line of flight as this would be different for every race depending on weather.
That's why our members decided to leave the Southcoast Federation and join the Sussex North Road Fed. With there being no likelihood of going across the water again as a fed our longest race was only ever going to be just over 200 miles with the majority of races being not much more than 100 miles, whereas with the North road we have the option to fly up around 300 miles as a fed but we can also go as far as 650 miles with other organisations without all the red tape of Channel racing.