Email from RPRA

Post your club / fed news in here.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:28 pm It looks like they have 3 options. 1/ to keep it as it is with only people keeping 50 or more poultry having to register. 2/ those keeping 10 or more birds needing to register. Or 3/ Anyone keeping any birds at all having to register.
Registration would have to be done every year with updated numbers.
Or if it aint broke don't fix it
Andy

I can’t see any of it helping to get rid of bird flu. This is spread by wild birds. I have a feeling that it is here to stay now. It might be that another vaccination is forced upon us. I still can’t see that working though as unlike paramyxovirus that only really affects pigeons and can cause Newcastle disease in poultry it seems that bird flu affects a large range of different birds. Strangely enough doesn’t seem to have effected any pigeons In its current form.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:44 am I can’t see any of it helping to get rid of bird flu. This is spread by wild birds. I have a feeling that it is here to stay now. It might be that another vaccination is forced upon us. I still can’t see that working though as unlike paramyxovirus that only really affects pigeons and can cause Newcastle disease in poultry it seems that bird flu affects a large range of different birds. Strangely enough doesn’t seem to have effected any pigeons In its current form.
Money, money, money mate as think of all the cash it will raise every year
Trev

I don't think Defra will implement that as they don't have the resources to police it all, it would be a logistical nightmare for them.
I did get an email from the vet who has done our vet inspections to clear up the issue of proof of vaccination and has stated that you do not need the certificate to be signed by a vet or to have the vaccinations witnessed by a vet !!