Ace old birds - Shropshire Federation 2022

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Wayne Jones

This is for my other Fed. The leader on this is particularly impressive

Hope you enjoying looking
Attachments
CF6DC0E4-DB43-4BAF-8DDF-9B9C004D1410.jpeg
8BBD31B1-DE4B-4177-B353-EBE15279E512.jpeg
D64880D0-AE30-4B71-9E59-699BC07223E8.jpeg
Buster121

Certainly enjoy looking, it gives a good insight to the birds abilities
Andy

Some great performances put up by some of the birds. It’s nice when you see birds scoring in several races with good positions. As you say with the first pigeon taking 2 firsts and a second a very reliable performer.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Some great performances there and again an interesting read Wayne. It's good to see some members scoring with more than just the one bird too although when you see performances like that it does put into question do we really need to breed and send the numbers that some fanciers do or would these members still do as well if they only had half the amount of birds !!!
I Remember over the years several Worthing members ( including Andy back in his widowhood days) who could have sent just two or three birds a week and would have still won week after week as it was the same birds constantly in the clock.
Andy

Trev wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:29 pm Some great performances there and again an interesting read Wayne. It's good to see some members scoring with more than just the one bird too although when you see performances like that it does put into question do we really need to breed and send the numbers that some fanciers do or would these members still do as well if they only had half the amount of birds !!!
I Remember over the years several Worthing members ( including Andy back in his widowhood days) who could have sent just two or three birds a week and would have still won week after week as it was the same birds constantly in the clock.
Yes Trev. One of the best years I had was with 5 main widowhood cocks. 3 of the 5 would be in the first 6 of the club virtually every week. I won 10 races that year from 21 races. A club record and in a club of 30+ members. 3 of those 5 I sent to an open race from Guernsey, my only entries. It was the first time they had flown both south and over the channel being north road pigeons. I was 2nd and 3rd open with the third one turning up a bit later in the day.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:24 pm
Trev wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:29 pm Some great performances there and again an interesting read Wayne. It's good to see some members scoring with more than just the one bird too although when you see performances like that it does put into question do we really need to breed and send the numbers that some fanciers do or would these members still do as well if they only had half the amount of birds !!!
Yes Trev. One of the best years I had was with 5 main widowhood cocks. 3 of the 5 would be in the first 6 of the club virtually every week. I won 10 races that year from 21 races. A club record and in a club of 30+ members. 3 of those 5 I sent to an open race from Guernsey, my only entries. It was the first time they had flown both south and over the channel being north road pigeons. I was 2nd and 3rd open with the third one turning up a bit later in the day.
Great results there Andy
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:40 pm
Andy wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:24 pm
Great results there Andy
Those birds certainly did perform well for you Andy.