Ellesmere HS

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Wayne Jones

Trev wrote: โ†‘Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:26 pm
Wayne Jones wrote: โ†‘Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:22 pm
Trev wrote: โ†‘Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:29 pm Thanks for posting that Wayne, good to see what goes on in other clubs. It is a shame you are down to only 8 members but that seems to be about average for clubs these days !!! As Andy and Buster have said the birdage and prize money look pretty good though. Looks like you have some strong competition, one name in particular stands out ๐Ÿ˜ I like the layout and information on your spreadsheets too ๐Ÿ‘ which Fed do you fly with ??? I see you had two good fed positions and were the only club member to take a first ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
I like analysing things find it really interesting.

Andrew is a great flyer and even nicer person. Past MNFC winner.

We fly in Wrexham Fed. This is around 28 miles wide by 31 miles long. As you can see we should prosper in west winds but drag of birds seems to counteract wind a lot

Thanks for that Wayne. If they are the boundaries for clubs within the fed how far outside those boundaries are some members lofts likely to be ??? Also roughly how many miles is that between Ellesmere and Rhyl ??
As you say wind direction will obviously play a big part but on a still day the drag will almost certainly dictate the result.
The map I posted was to roughly show the area Fed covers.

Distance between me and Rhyl is around 41 miles in direct line.

Below is Fed winners for 2022, showing birdage
Attachments
2B910B91-DBB6-4C8E-B268-D2DB1E3A05E6.jpeg
Buster121

Some good performances there
Andy

Thanks for sharing. Interesting to look at.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Thanks for sharing those Wayne.
It looks a pretty strong Fed with a good amount of birds being sent, it's good to see quite a few different names appearing there too with only a couple of teams taking the top spot more than once.
Good luck to all for 2023