Ellesmere HS

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Wayne Jones

I’m very lucky to fly in a good club. We are not huge but friendly and great banter.

Thought I’d share of prize list for 2022 season
Attachments
C07881A1-35BC-4AFE-A039-DE504D9972A2.jpeg
Andy

Wayne Jones wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:46 pm I’m very lucky to fly in a good club. We are not huge but friendly and great banter.

Thought I’d share of prize list for 2022 season
Well done Wayne. Some good prize money there. How many members have you in your club and how many send on a regular basis?
I am in the process of closing down our club at Frome. We only have 4 members left. I have joined the Glastonbury club which is one of the strongest clubs in the West of England South Road Combine.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Some decent money there Wayne, well done
Wayne Jones

Unfortunately we only have 8 members left.

Below is a list of winners and birdage
Attachments
4034EB4E-31F7-4EB3-9A22-E5A838B9107D.jpeg
Andy

Thanks Wayne.
Looks like your members send quite a few pigeons per member as the birdage is quite good. I see you come down my way at Wincanton. Seems a bit strange that you go down to Weymouth on the coast then have a race from Newton Abbot and another from Littlehampton, 135 miles apart in opposite directions along the south coast. A good idea if racing over the channel though as they could come in from either side of the country.
Trev

Thanks for posting that Wayne, good to see what goes on in other clubs. It is a shame you are down to only 8 members but that seems to be about average for clubs these days !!! As Andy and Buster have said the birdage and prize money look pretty good though. Looks like you have some strong competition, one name in particular stands out 😁 I like the layout and information on your spreadsheets too 👍 which Fed do you fly with ??? I see you had two good fed positions and were the only club member to take a first 👍👏
Wayne Jones

Andy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:49 am Thanks Wayne.
Looks like your members send quite a few pigeons per member as the birdage is quite good. I see you come down my way at Wincanton. Seems a bit strange that you go down to Weymouth on the coast then have a race from Newton Abbot and another from Littlehampton, 135 miles apart in opposite directions along the south coast. A good idea if racing over the channel though as they could come in from either side of the country.
Thankfully have some big senders which is essential when member numbers low. Great for me as a small team flyer. Started 2022 with 19 in race team to fly in 2 clubs.

Newton Abbot and Littlehampton were channel replacement races to give some variation.
Wayne Jones

Trev wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:29 pm Thanks for posting that Wayne, good to see what goes on in other clubs. It is a shame you are down to only 8 members but that seems to be about average for clubs these days !!! As Andy and Buster have said the birdage and prize money look pretty good though. Looks like you have some strong competition, one name in particular stands out 😁 I like the layout and information on your spreadsheets too 👍 which Fed do you fly with ??? I see you had two good fed positions and were the only club member to take a first 👍👏
I like analysing things find it really interesting.

Andrew is a great flyer and even nicer person. Past MNFC winner.

We fly in Wrexham Fed. This is around 28 miles wide by 31 miles long. As you can see we should prosper in west winds but drag of birds seems to counteract wind a lot
Attachments
8CA6890F-A6D3-486C-9E66-B1075FE2BC0D.jpeg
Andy

Nice bit of info Wayne. The drag does make a difference and also the lay of the land, ie hills and mountains.
Trev

Wayne Jones wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:22 pm
Trev wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:29 pm Thanks for posting that Wayne, good to see what goes on in other clubs. It is a shame you are down to only 8 members but that seems to be about average for clubs these days !!! As Andy and Buster have said the birdage and prize money look pretty good though. Looks like you have some strong competition, one name in particular stands out 😁 I like the layout and information on your spreadsheets too 👍 which Fed do you fly with ??? I see you had two good fed positions and were the only club member to take a first 👍👏
I like analysing things find it really interesting.

Andrew is a great flyer and even nicer person. Past MNFC winner.

We fly in Wrexham Fed. This is around 28 miles wide by 31 miles long. As you can see we should prosper in west winds but drag of birds seems to counteract wind a lot

Thanks for that Wayne. If they are the boundaries for clubs within the fed how far outside those boundaries are some members lofts likely to be ??? Also roughly how many miles is that between Ellesmere and Rhyl ??
As you say wind direction will obviously play a big part but on a still day the drag will almost certainly dictate the result.