Closing of our old club

Post your club / fed news in here.
Andy

We have come to the time when we have the job of dissolving our club. We have just 4 members left. 2 who haven’t raced for a few years and me and Phil. 3 of us have joined other clubs the other is going to. Unfortunately our old secretary doesn’t want anything more to do with the club or pigeons following having terrible trouble with goshawks and unable to let his birds out for a couple of years. He has resigned from everything. It is too late now to close the club before the RPRA fees are due as we haven’t had any meetings since the close of the last season. I have been sorting out with the regional secretary how we go now. She has said that it would be easiest if we pay the RPRA fees for the club as these have to be paid by the end of February. We can then have a meeting which I will call to finish the club at a bit later date. It’s a shame but as I have now joined a new club I am looking forward to the coming season.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Does the club have the funds to pay the RPRA, how would things stand if you did not pay the RPRA and then they would close it down for none payment would they come after the members or the secretary
what I would do is phone the RPRA and explain see what they say, they may give different response than the regional
Andy

It is an RPRA rule. The club only have to pay £10 RPRA fees for the year, half goes to the union and half to the region. We do have plenty in the account. I am treasurer and now have to close the club bank account. The money in the account is then split between the 4 members left.
If we don’t pay by the 1st March we will get a £10 fine from the RPRA. As the RPRA rules state that a meeting has to be held to dissolve the club, giving members at least 14 days notice of the meeting. Two thirds of the members have to agree. Following this meeting another meeting has to be held, again giving 14 days notice of the meeting, giving members who weren’t present at the first meeting or had changed their mind to revert the discussion. This wouldn’t happen but obviously we don’t have any time now to get this done before the end of February. The rules also state that the minutes of these 2 meetings with the names and addresses of those present have to be submitted along with the balance sheet and proof that the bank account has been closed.
It has been a bit awkward with our secretary not wanting to be involved anymore but I don’t blame him. I have taken over the temporary running of the club until we get it closed. Really we probably should have an AGM but I think we can probably get away without doing this.
Buster121

£10 not a lot to find I thought it would have been a lot more that is why I said what I did
Trev

Andy wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:47 am It is an RPRA rule. The club only have to pay £10 RPRA fees for the year, half goes to the union and half to the region. We do have plenty in the account. I am treasurer and now have to close the club bank account. The money in the account is then split between the 4 members left.
If we don’t pay by the 1st March we will get a £10 fine from the RPRA. As the RPRA rules state that a meeting has to be held to dissolve the club, giving members at least 14 days notice of the meeting. Two thirds of the members have to agree. Following this meeting another meeting has to be held, again giving 14 days notice of the meeting, giving members who weren’t present at the first meeting or had changed their mind to revert the discussion. This wouldn’t happen but obviously we don’t have any time now to get this done before the end of February. The rules also state that the minutes of these 2 meetings with the names and addresses of those present have to be submitted along with the balance sheet and proof that the bank account has been closed.
It has been a bit awkward with our secretary not wanting to be involved anymore but I don’t blame him. I have taken over the temporary running of the club until we get it closed. Really we probably should have an AGM but I think we can probably get away without doing this.
Very sad, do they have any other assets or trophies etc Andy ???
It is a right old rigmarol, I can't really remember what Roy and Brian did at Worthing, I know we had the meetings to agree on the closure and to decide what would happen with all the club assets (clocks, trophies records etc) but I don't think we had an agm as such. I think Roy had to send all the accounts and club minutes etc into the union once it was all dissolved, I don't know if he got those back or not. Very sad as there was around a hundred years of history with that club.
Andy

Myself and the old secretary cleared out our old club house a couple of years ago. Some of the stuff was binned. A few bits I have here including the old club computer. They didn’t have anywhere near as many, or valuable, trophies as Worthing did Trev. Also there were no club clocks. Andy does still have the minute books and the Bricon ETS system which has to be sent back to Bricon. I don’t think there is much else.
I have spoken to the regional secretary this morning and have paid the club union fees plus the union fee for one of our members who isn’t in another club. As our old secretary had resigned as a member with the RPRA a club secretary had to be put down for the club for the RPRA and they have put my name down. So I am now the secretary and treasurer lol. At least we now have another year to dissolve the club. I will have to take minutes from the meetings we have to send to the region when we dissolve the club.
Trev

Andy wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:12 pm Myself and the old secretary cleared out our old club house a couple of years ago. Some of the stuff was binned. A few bits I have here including the old club computer. They didn’t have anywhere near as many, or valuable, trophies as Worthing did Trev. Also there were no club clocks. Andy does still have the minute books and the Bricon ETS system which has to be sent back to Bricon. I don’t think there is much else.
I have spoken to the regional secretary this morning and have paid the club union fees plus the union fee for one of our members who isn’t in another club. As our old secretary had resigned as a member with the RPRA a club secretary had to be put down for the club for the RPRA and they have put my name down. So I am now the secretary and treasurer lol. At least we now have another year to dissolve the club. I will have to take minutes from the meetings we have to send to the region when we dissolve the club.
Now why doesn't you taking over as club Secretary surprise me bruv 🤔🤣😂
As you say at least now you have a year to get through all the formalities 👍