Hi All

Say hello to all the other members on the forum.
Wayne Jones

Joined this site a while ago but not interacted on here.

I’m located in north Shropshire and fly in both Shropshire Fed and Wrexham fed.

Where is everyone located?
Buster121

Hi Wayne and welcome to the site, I'm in Wolves
Andy

Good afternoon Wayne. Welcome to the site. Although a bit slow on the site lately we do have some good members and always very friendly and helpful.it will be nice to have a new member contributing. I am from Wincanton in Somerset. Have only flown nationals and classics over the past couple of years but have just joined Glastonbury flying in the West of England South Road Combine so will have a bit of club racing this year.
Are you racing this year yourself and what distances do you aim at/prefer?
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Hello Wayne,
Welcome to the forum.
I am in Bendigo in Australia.
This is a friendly and helpful site, please join in and add to the discussions.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Trev

Hi Wayne and welcome 👋😁
I'm at Patching in West Sussex, between Worthing and Arundel.
Andy and I are brothers and grew up with pigeons. After having a few years out of pigeon racing I started keeping them again in 2016 with a couple of pairs bred for me by Andy. After the Worthing and District HS (which was the club that Our Dad, Andy and I raced with for many years) packed up a couple of years ago I now race with the Littlehampton club. Last season we voted to leave the Southcoast Federation and join the Sussex North Road Fed so this season will be our first full season on the North road which I'm looking forward too as its always been my preferred route.
Anyway enjoy the site and I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.
All the best.
Wayne Jones

Andy wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:58 pm Good afternoon Wayne. Welcome to the site. Although a bit slow on the site lately we do have some good members and always very friendly and helpful.it will be nice to have a new member contributing. I am from Wincanton in Somerset. Have only flown nationals and classics over the past couple of years but have just joined Glastonbury flying in the West of England South Road Combine so will have a bit of club racing this year.
Hi Andy, use to be passionate on channel racing but since relocating in late 2019 I’m just happy to race inland and don’t want the registration mither.

Inland club racing suits having a young family more anyway.

Is the combine going North?
Andy

Wayne Jones wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:59 pm
Andy wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:58 pm Good afternoon Wayne. Welcome to the site. Although a bit slow on the site lately we do have some good members and always very friendly and helpful.it will be nice to have a new member contributing. I am from Wincanton in Somerset. Have only flown nationals and classics over the past couple of years but have just joined Glastonbury flying in the West of England South Road Combine so will have a bit of club racing this year.
Hi Andy, use to be passionate on channel racing but since relocating in late 2019 I’m just happy to race inland and don’t want the registration mither.

I’m not registering to do channel racing Wayne. I’m not wasting my money on a vet visit, then having to spend £4 a pigeon to send 200 miles and £9.50 a pigeon for the internationals. I will see how things go before going back to channel racing. I do nowadays like the distance races. Fortunately here I can still get over 500 miles from Thurso and over 600 from Lerwick. I am still racing in the Central Southern Classic Flying Club who have 3 north road races. These will be my main races this season.
The combine are racing mainly East to West but are going over the channel with the CSCFC for 3 races for those who have registered with DEFRA. I will be using the combine partly to give me a few more races but mainly as preparation for the classic races. Otherwise I would be sending them 184 miles first race.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Wayne Jones wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:59 pm

I have to say North road has always been my passion but that's the road I grew up with, I did enjoy the channel racing and I was hoping to fly both this year but due to the issues around marking stations and the costs I decided not to continue with the vet visits this year and have resigned from the BICC and BBC, I will stay registered with the vet and will see what happens next season but for this season I'll just enjoy the club racing 👍😁