Hidden Euro Gem

Articles found around the internet will be posted in here
Buster121

Taken from another site

https://youtu.be/5L8k2Y77lKc
Andy

A great piece Buster. Thanks for putting it on. Some very interesting points from obviously a very good pigeon man. Several points that I go along with.
Interesting that he doesn’t race his youngsters. Very rarely trains but relies on loft flying. Never uses any medication. His birds are lightly raced. Fed the same corn all year round and never tightly fed. I think to achieve this though you need to have a long established family of birds that have adapted to your way of doing things, which his obviously have.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Yes, a very interesting video.
The lofts are proof that you don't need a palace to keep pigeons happy!
Greetings from the land down under. :D
George and Morgan

no ventilation
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:14 pm no ventilation
The only ventilation mine have is through the traps and on the main loft a couple of inches just under the roof front and back. You need very little ventilation when you only have 7 birds in a section. My best seasons were when racing widowhood in a loft with no ventilation apart from in the roof. But only had 12 birds in a 10 foot x 6 foot loft. The wrong ventilation is worse than no ventilation as this causes drafts.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

I'll watch that clip over the Christmas break Buster 👍🎅
Trev

Andy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:58 pm
The only ventilation mine have is through the traps and on the main loft a couple of inches just under the roof front and back. You need very little ventilation when you only have 7 birds in a section. My best seasons were when racing widowhood in a loft with no ventilation apart from in the roof. But only had 12 birds in a 10 foot x 6 foot loft. The wrong ventilation is worse than no ventilation as this causes drafts.
I think there in lies the problem Andy, too many fanciers keep too many birds without having adequate space.
Murray

Trev wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:58 pm
Andy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:58 pm
I think there in lies the problem Andy, too many fanciers keep too many birds without having adequate space.
I used to worry about that, Trev, but since reading more about one Dutch star who had about 50 young birds in a 6'x4' loft, and was unbeatable, I dont worry too much. If the loft is dry and there is plenty of fresh air, they seem to thrive, I find.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
killer

Seems he racers out to 500 miles ,those wonderfull hens he has ,would do the longer ones ,but are wasted ,fantastic results ,they showed Blue Bars ,thought I seen either Mosaics or reds in one loft ,check it out I may be dreaming 😴