Canker

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
Buster121

Good to see going well mate that bird does look well
Andy

Great to see things have turned around and all are well again.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:58 pm
Andy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:02 pm I wouldn’t think you would have a problem. Not bad looking boxes just a good clean and a bit of TLC.
Agree mate
I also agree with Andy and Steve, they look decent boxes and if disinfected should be fine George.
Trev

Murray wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:51 pm That's what worries me. The first one is off my old pigeons, birds that have been bred here and have never been sick. The second one is off new arrivals. I saw another one on the roof last night with it's beak open and it's off pigeons that have bred plenty of youngsters that have never been sick.

This is not good and and I hope I have headed it off. The only consolation is that everyone around here is in the same boat apparently.
That is always potentially a problem when introducing new birds, it also sounds like it could be being spread through wild birds if it's a problem all over !!
I think part off the problem I had and potential risk I the future is the amount of Feral birds I have around here.
Trev

Murray wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:05 pm I am optimistic that I have beaten it, for now.

After a course of Ronidizole, and a couple of days of cider vinegar, then a couple of days of garlic and cider vinegar, they all look a million dollars. And the loft is nice and clean. It only takes a few minutes to pick up the droppings which are nice and healthy.

This is the Heremans youngster that had canker in it's throat. I kept putting medicine down it's throat until it got better.001.JPG
Good to see things are improving for you Muzza 👍 I hope you have beaten it 🤞
All the best mate.