Bird flu getting closer

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
Andy

It was inevitable really. Today I have heard that a pheasant shoot just a couple of miles from me has been shut down because they have found a number of dead birds laying around. They have been confirmed as having bird flu. Now all the game keeper can do is go round picking the dead ones up. I do think they made a big mistake allowing the birds to be released in the first place. I now hear that other shoots around here are going to shoot as many birds as possible over the next couple of weeks before they too get shut down.
These cases aren’t recorded as such as the only cases actually recorded are those in commercial or domestic flocks and not those in wild birds, which in the case of pheasants they are deemed to be once released. There have been a high number of sea birds found dead around the coastline. The situation is far more serious and wide spread than some may think.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

It is a worry Andy as it has no sign of letting up 😕😔
Unfortunately Andy as you know for these Pheasant shoots it is a massive income for those concerned in a very short period so having to shut down a shoot is potentially devastating for them. As you say the numbers actually affected is going to be much higher than those reported.
Buster121

We had lots birds dead in the local park last week
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:28 pm We had lots birds dead in the local park last week
It is a nasty disease Buster but I have no idea how they are ever going to stop it !!!
Buster121

Trev wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:30 pm
Buster121 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:28 pm We had lots birds dead in the local park last week
It is a nasty disease Buster but I have no idea how they are ever going to stop it !!!
Nor me, they will have to ban all incoming birds :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe they can get a jab and train folks to blow dart em when they come in or catch and jab
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:32 am
Nor me, they will have to ban all incoming birds :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe they can get a jab and train folks to blow dart em when they come in or catch and jab
🤣🤣🤣

Unfortunately these things in the wild have to run their course. It is something that has been gradually increasing over the past couple of years before this explosion. It won’t be until some of these wild birds start to survive and build up an immunity to it that it will start to recede. I think this could get worse yet and be around for a couple of years.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Trev

Andy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:52 am

🤣🤣🤣

Unfortunately these things in the wild have to run their course. It is something that has been gradually increasing over the past couple of years before this explosion. It won’t be until some of these wild birds start to survive and build up an immunity to it that it will start to recede. I think this could get worse yet and be around for a couple of years.
Trouble is Andy I expect it will be like all Flu viruses and will mutate so there will potentially be a different strain each year !!!