New forum

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Buster121

Andy wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:52 am How are members finding the new site. I have heard of a few issues and had to help some get on. But generally I think it’s working well.
Cannot post keeps logging me out, have been trying to post about youngsters for days now finally managed to get it on today
killer

Same here ,with some of my answers to questions ,it logs me out, really can’t see what’s so good same as the last 3 forums ,all had problems ,plus we have lost all our historical content ,a new broom doesn’t all ways sweep clean ,
Murray

I have the same problem from time to time. I am logged on but when I hit reply it tells me I must be logged on to reply to this post. It then deletes what I have written.
Not always, usually when I just have a couple of minutes spare and don't have time to do it again. :evil:
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Murray

I am not sure why this thing continues to fail to be satisfactory.
The decision was made to erase all the history of the forum, which I didn't agree with, because we would have a new, clean un corrupted site to make a new start.
Not wanting to appear to be complaining, but it hasn't, really.
I don't know why. I have been on other forums before, and still am, but for other hobbies. This kind of problem and the resulting bad feedback seems to be a problem facing this site. It maybe a common thing, but not in my experience.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
killer

As I said a new broom ,doesn’t mean it will sweep clean ,all 3 forums had problems ,just put me back ln log on again great ,
George and Morgan

keeps logging me out and keeps using my old user name
Andy

I think it is such a shame that all the old posts have gone. A lot of history of what we are doing now, ie my Barcelona project, have gone. But we had lost a lot of members when moving to the last forum and a lot of members were having problems. I didn’t have much trouble myself but it was slow and the photos had stopped working. The fault probably laid in moving away from the old site but issues were being had with that. Chris was hoping that the last site was going to improve a lot of things and there were parts that I liked but in general with hindsight it was a mistake. The other thing to remember is that these forums aren’t free. Chris has to pay for the hosting and any additional attachments that have to be added. Chris has gone through a lot of personal problems over the last few years and no longer has pigeons but has still kept the site going for us all. The alternative was to lose it completely. The site is only as good as the members that use it. So let’s just get behind it and make it the forum to be on again. Although we only have 12 registered members at present I did see that we had 23 users on line at one time a couple of days ago, so others are watching what we are doing. It was a shame that the past history couldn’t have been moved across.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:53 am keeps logging me out and keeps using my old user name
As I said George you need to delete the history in your computer settings.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
killer

Just closed me down ,tryied to get back on ,then told me the site was unreachable ,it’s a joke ,
killer

Then froze the screen ,