Vic Olliver

Say hello to all the other members on the forum.
Andy

Hi Tamsin. I did reply to your post before we started the new forum. I’m glad you managed to find us again.
As I said in my reply I would have met you when you were just a little girl. I knew your dad well. He was a member of the Worthing club when I first started going down there with my dad, R.F.Hodges (Bob) back in the early 70s. We were at the Ball Tree in Lancing then. I came to your house in Tower Road a few times over the years. I have many memories of your dad over the years and spent many hours talking to him over a pint, or more lol, up until 1994 when I moved to Somerset. I also remember your mum Deirdre. We were at the Coach and Horses in Worthing for a few years in the 80s and early 90s. I have a DVD of a T.V documentary that was made about pigeons that has your dad, my dad, my brother Trev and myself. Trev is also on this forum. The last time I would have met your dad would have been at our dads funeral in 2003.
I also knew your uncle Roy very well as he was the secretary of the Worthing club up until last year. Another brother of your dad, Tony also raced pigeons in the Worthing club.
I don’t have any paper cuttings but I think Trev may have. He may also have the odd trophy with Vic’s name on them.
Hope this information is useful and look forward to hearing from you again.
Andy
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Andy

Unfortunately I couldn’t download the full documentary but here are a couple of photos from it of your dad. This is back in the 80s.

This is a photo of the clocks being struck. This shows our dad far right, your dad next to him. I’m in the middle in the white tee shirt. Your uncle Roy is far left with my brother Trev just in front of him.
F26209E6-5C16-41B6-B71D-96890C5D3D74.jpeg
These 2 are your dad with the late Jed Jackson.
7C0FC99B-938F-4C0C-90C1-72C775199B44.jpeg
DF694CF2-B11A-405F-AB3A-EE736785C6AF.jpeg
Andy

Sorry took photos off my iPad on the kitchen table and have the reflection of our kitchen light on them lol. If you would like I could email you the full documentary.
George and Morgan

Jed Jackson was he the blind chap if so back in 80s i think i bought a daughter of his national winner just for fun as i only had the show birds
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:52 am Jed Jackson was he the blind chap if so back in 80s i think i bought a daughter of his national winner just for fun as i only had the show birds
Yes George it was. You would have brought a daughter off his Pau National winner Genista.
chrisroscoe
Site Admin

its really nice to see posts like this and shows how people in the hobbie help one and other
George and Morgan

your right Andy was not sure of the spelling had a son of Fred Wiltshire from Oxford 2nd open Pau bird decided to give birds up he went back to Fred and hen went to some one else i know it was back in the 80s Freds bird i bought in a club auction for £3 this was before the national had some good nights in the pub chatting with Fred when the weekly shows were on