Guernsey races

Post all your results here for others to see.
Murray

Andy wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:42 pm
Trev wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:30 pm
Andy wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:18 pm I’ve had 3 more return today. First one this morning was at 10.48 a 2 year old who was third bird last week, another at 12.22, a yearling having his first race and another yearling having his first race at 13.32. I am pleased to see the 2 yearlings in particular as the weather hasn’t been good here today with heavy showers and a bit of thunder around. They will hopefully be better for the experience and ok to go again in a couple of weeks time.
The 3 still missing are 2 two year olds that both went last week and a yearling first timer.
That's good to hear Andy, they've done well to get up and go again today, hopefully the others will make it back too 🤞
That’s one of the things I’m looking for in the early races of these hopefully distance pigeons. Birds that are willing to get up next morning even if they’ve made a mistake on the day. From the longest races they will invariably have to night out and continue the next day.
I think you have hit it on the head, Andy.
"Two day" pigeons, which will get up and carry on racing on the second day are, I believe, a different category of pigeons than the ones that can fly fast all day but for one day only.
To race Barcelona, I would think you would need pigeons that are proven overnight performers.
Greetings from the land down under. :D