Southcoast fed Kingsdown

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Trev

As well as having my 5 entries away in Guernsey today I also have 12 birds entered into the South Coast Fed race from Kingsdown in Devon, this is about 119miles to me.
As a club 16 members have sent 420 birds, looks like being a nice steady race.
Good luck to all our members.
Trev

The birds have been liberated at 7.15 with no wind given on site.
Again good luck all.
Buster121

Good luck all
killer

Same here ,
Trev

On the whole it was a pretty decent race with the winning birds doing 1645ypm, the spoils again went to Mr&May and son who again took the first 6 places both in the club and federation. I was down the sheet in 45th doing 1449ypm, I was the 13th member out of 18 on the sheet. Returns were sporadic again with a few empty perches throughout the club, I had 10 of my 12 home by night fall. A had a yearling hen arrive while I was at the club who I noticed today has a large gash running from her keel up under her wing, that will be her first and last race this season.
Unfortunately neither of my missing birds have shown up today, both have flown further, a yearling cock that has been every week this year and a 4 year old hen who was having her first race this year but has previously flown Bordeaux (410 miles).
Onwards and upwards we have our first 200miler next week 👍🤠
Andy

Well done Trev. It is a strong club you are in there now with some top fanciers.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Andy wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:36 pm Well done Trev. It is a strong club you are in there now with some top fanciers.
Cheered Andy 👍 it certainly is, my old plodders just can't keep up lol 🤣😂🤣
Melvin Gregory has joined us this season, he flies as Gregory and Virgo now, they are usually up in the mix too.
Andy

Trev wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:41 pm
Andy wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:36 pm Well done Trev. It is a strong club you are in there now with some top fanciers.
Melvin Gregory has joined us this season, he flies as Gregory and Virgo now, they are usually up in the mix too.
Where’s he living now Trev? He was flying in the Shoreham club. I take it Roy Underdown is still racing?
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Good to see you are having good returns and are up in the middle ish of the results.
And further more, you are racing and having fun.
Well done Trev.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Trev

Andy wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:45 pm
Trev wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:41 pm
Where’s he living now Trev? He was flying in the Shoreham club. I take it Roy Underdown is still racing?
Melvin is still living in Lancing Andy but nearer the coast now, not sure exactly where but it's off of Grinstead Lane somewhere opposite the old Britannia Pub !!! Roy Underdown is still racing and still lives in the same place just behind Kev !! Strangely enough (being as he was one the of the fanciers who split Worthing all those years ago to fly South Road) he is racing North Road again as are most of Shoreham now which is why Melvin and a few others have come over to Littlehampton.