Life in Bealiba.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Buster121

Having fun, they look happy enough, wishing Catherine a very Happy Birthday
Trev

Murray wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:55 pm It's Catherine's birthday.
Box. Paper... :D

001.JPG
😅😂🤣
Belated birthday wishes Catherine, I hope you had a good day.
Trev

Murray wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:15 amCoal.jpg
🤣😂🤣
Murray

I got a phone call from my mate David this morning. He was calling from about 15 miles from his place, having just tossed the youngsters.
He was in a very enthusiastic mood, as usual :D and was very bullish on my youngsters. I put 12 in his loft when we moved and all of them are still there. He started with 117 and is down to 100. So mine are going OK.
He reckons they are good pigeons, and I reminded him that they are bred off the same stuff he has. All the Heremans and Jos Thone' came from him as eggs or squeakers. Difference is they are crossed with my inbred Jansen Van loon family. And the Melbourne hen.
He agreed very much. :lol: The Heremans type pigeons need to be crossed for racing.
We are an odd looking pair, I am jockey size, 5'2'', and he is a former basket ball player, 6'4". But we share the same passion for the birds.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Murray

I spent a little time at St Arnaud today working on the loft.
I have it all enclosed, except for the corner strips and the door surround. Some of the paint was damaged and pulled away when we pulled it down. Mostly on the corners. So I was wire brushing the damaged areas today. Catherine wants to use a pale grey colour on the house, so apparently the loft will be a light grey instead of the current blue/grey. :D I don't care.
So we need to get a big tin of grey paint and a big tin of white paint. I will repaint the door, the sputniks, the corners, the door surround white.
I started on the inside today, putting the frame for the back wall vent in. It didn't just go back in, when my friends were pulling it apart there were nails sticking out and I had to pretty much dismantle it. I got it partly done.
Getting there by degrees, I am quite impressed with it as I put it together. It's pretty good, seeing I built it with a hand saw and a hammer.
Devo1956

Rebuilding all takes time Murray, so take it easy mate. Work at your pace, not a young mans pace. We dont want you knocking yourself back health wise, because it will then take you longer.
I am sure it will all come together, for both of you to enjoy for many years.
Murray

Devo1956 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:36 am Rebuilding all takes time Murray, so take it easy mate. Work at your pace, not a young mans pace. We dont want you knocking yourself back health wise, because it will then take you longer.
I am sure it will all come together, for both of you to enjoy for many years.
Thank you Devo, your thoughts are appreciated.
Murray

I really am taking my time. An hour here, couple of hours there....
I do tend to go a hundred miles an hour, even the lung surgeon told me I have to learn to slow down and pace myself. I am not very well at times, but I have learnt to not worry, just stop, let myself catch up with myself and most importantly, don't tell Catherine. She worries enough.
Yesterday I had a bunch of cat scans done on my lungs. Surgeon wants to see if it's getting worse and if the pigeons are aggravating it. Of course they are :D
Andy

Coming along then Murray. Are you still in your rented accommodation at present?
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Nice to see coming on well, won't be long before it is all finished as Dev says take your time mate slow and sure always wins