Feeding for 250-500 miles

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
NeilA

With my fed and pigeon racing in general on the downside I’m thinking of flying the first 5 club races then just the main combine races and 2/3 nrcc races next year just to give me a bit if interest in something g different
I thinking if changing my feeding from my normal strictly measured amount carbs only to fats and just feeding once a day on a super widowhood type mix with 25 per cent barley added to they leave a little barley then going onto maize and fats before the race week
What’s members thoughts on this feeding
Or is it a bit out dated for middle distance races
NeilA

This would be with just hens for now
Buster121

As I only fed the same widowhood mix all year I could not answer the question sorry
Murray

Hi Neil,
You could look at the website of Jos Thone' to get some ideas.
Google Thone' Olympic.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Beyers koopman mix plus 10 percent paddy rice n 10 percent barley mate. Feed in hopper only topped up once it's all cleared.
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:14 am Beyers koopman mix plus 10 percent paddy rice n 10 percent barley mate. Feed in hopper only topped up once it's all cleared.
Good idea that with that barley makes sense
Any issues with them going lesbo ?
Last edited by NeilA on Thu May 23, 2024 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeilA

Murray wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:10 am Hi Neil,
You could look at the website of Jos Thone' to get some ideas.
Google Thone' Olympic.
Will do
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:14 am Beyers koopman mix plus 10 percent paddy rice n 10 percent barley mate. Feed in hopper only topped up once it's all cleared.
I think next year my hens will fly the 3 combines and 2/3 nrcc races mate
The Feds getting smaller now you beat good lofts as most the poor ones end up trying south but there’s no credit in it as the numbers are getting so low what with fanciers getting to old to race .
South’s pointless here as the Feds to wide so I thought work towards 250 upwards although the nrcc is a long shot I think winds like last Saturday make it possible if better quality and numbers was sent from this end
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Ya pal I understand that n you have good north Rd birds
The south is massive fed but must say there's some quality flyers in it n the Harrow club Jesus they send some pigeons lol
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:07 pm Ya pal I understand that n you have good north Rd birds
The south is massive fed but must say there's some quality flyers in it n the Harrow club Jesus they send some pigeons lol
The Romanian club they race for a grand a week inter counties get 2500 and 1000 go into that club
Colin cricks excellent up in Baldock I just can’t get my head into big radius sprinting but it’s all going to have go that way here as it’s on it’s arse as the radius is to tight but it’s the traditional way as you know and people won’t change
I personally would have a combine every Wetherby and upwards
But that inter counties must be 45 miles wide for a race if 100 miles distance