Nest bowls

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

I would just like to know what nest bowls, members are using for breeding. A topic i had with the lads in Germany, they tend to use cardboard ones.
Murray

I've got two sorts of plastic ones, large ones and smaller ones. I tend to put the small ones under them while sitting, and put the babies in a clean larger one when I put the rings on them.
The blokes on here know I am a bit fussy about nest bowls. If a nest is getting really grubby I will switch the dirty nest bowl for a clean one and give it a blast with the hose.
I am looking at paper bowls for next season, so I can use them once and chuck them in the bin.
My breathing is getting worse and I need to minimize the amount of work I create for myself.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Devo1956

Murray wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:20 am I've got two sorts of plastic ones, large ones and smaller ones. I tend to put the small ones under them while sitting, and put the babies in a clean larger one when I put the rings on them.
The blokes on here know I am a bit fussy about nest bowls. If a nest is getting really grubby I will switch the dirty nest bowl for a clean one and give it a blast with the hose.
I am looking at paper bowls for next season, so I can use them once and chuck them in the bin.
My breathing is getting worse and I need to minimize the amount of work I create for myself.
The lads were saying Germany, they use cardboard ones. To stop the birds banging their chest getting in and out of the bowl. so they dont use clay ones.
Murray

Yep cardboard ones. I think they are made of pressed recycled paper. Good things.
I need to find a supplier of them here.....
NeilA

I use earthenware with a felt mostly
But I do use cardboard at times I ordered some off pallets this year and they were a lot smaller than normal so returned them free , pallets said they had a new supplier in China and agreed they were small
I don’t think two large ybs could have had room in them myself
Murray

NeilA wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:14 am I use earthenware with a felt mostly
But I do use cardboard at times I ordered some off pallets this year and they were a lot smaller than normal so returned them free , pallets said they had a new supplier in China and agreed they were small
I don’t think two large ybs could have had room in them myself
Ah, thanks for that advice.
I will be careful about ordering them on line.
Buster121

Mainly the normal brown ones but sometimes I use the ''Dandy'' ones cardboard alongside
CHARLTON34

I use the heavy clay nest bowls, & they don't tip up like some with a nest felt & straw.