Your thoughts?

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

A topic to keep us going over the weekend, it is important to keep the topics going. Working together makes the sport what it is.

The Ace pigeon is he the best breeder too?
The answer to this question can be short: not often. We see often that an ace pigeon is born out of mediocre parents. Also it happens that an excellent breeder as a racer was an absolute zero.

How is that possible??

The ability of winning races comes genetically seen out of the lot of quantitative characteristics that inherit from the parents to the offspring additive or not additive.

Concerning the additive qualities we can almost be certain how they pass on from the parents to the next generation.

Concerning the group of not additive characteristics we can not be so certain! Much depends on coincidences!(e.g. influences from the out-side or the quality of the combination of the genes).

To say this pigeon is good or that one is so-so, is not so simple is it looks like. It depends of many different characteristics!

For instance:

By this pigeon it is: Intelligence.
By that pigeon it is: Character.
By another one it is: Supervitality or speed or ........

In fact the mentioned 3 pigeons are all 3 "good" pigeons, but what I want to achieve is that fanciers understand that the difference between "good" and "good" is often a world of great differences! When we think this over, we see that in case of mating it is not so simple just putting two "good" pigeons (first prize winners) together!!

We must analyze the positive and the negative characteristics careful and write them down. In this way we are able to make the very best of it. When we analyze the qualities of our birds we meet many variations. The fancier who thinks he can do without the analysis of his birds, has very little chance to breed better youngsters! To make this better to understand I'll give you an example.

When we look at the results of those two birds, if we were allowed to, it is not so difficult to make a choice. But as said before: at first we must make an analysis of our birds.
MIL

In my experience good birds breed good birds and are bred from good birds

I wouldn't know if good birds are bred from mediocre parents because mediocre pigeons would've had no place at my loft - and I certainly would only have bred from good birds.

To become Federation Champion with 47 Clubs flying 16 cocks and 36 YB there's no room for mediocrity
Anthony webster
Great Britain

I don't buy in two the ace pigeon sprint champion best co efficency
Because the best sprint flyers in the toughest competition in Belgium never get a chance to enter these things the Belgiums know the truth, we're blinded by bullsxxt n adverts
You don't see many of these ace flyers racing in the tour of Belgium racing all directions against the best sprint flyers gambling lots on there birds some weeks the pool money is 20,000 plus euros in pools
Why ain't these flyers racing????
Best birds come out the small villages not of Internet auctions.
Murray

So it would appear.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Steve Howells

Most of my better birds have come from children off KBDB National Ace birds. I had a son off Miracle Ace 1st National Ace KBDB long distance ( Freddy & Jacques Vandenheede) he has been an really good breeder and bred me winners from 70 -370 miles, he also bred me and my partners 4th in the Derby arona olr final. I also have a hen who is a daughter off Rockerfelle 1st national Ace KBDB all round X Adele 2nd National Ace pigeon all round, her children and g children are winning for me. I also brought 2 full sisters to Rockerfelle a full brother and a 1/2 sister. One sister is soup, the other probably will be. The brother has only bred me one winner (a hen with 2x1st) but a g son from him bred me 1st Perth 312 miles and 6 place Thailand Masters semi final olr. The other hen is proving to be a real goldmine and has bred me winners from 70- 520 miles. So for me some of my better breeders have generally come from these Ace pigeons, the only problem being they are usually painful to buy :lol:
MIL

Good cock that Rockefeller
rockefeller.JPG
MIL

miraclke ace.jpg
I really like this fella though
MIL

miracle ace ped.JPG
His ped / performances
Murray

Miracle Ace is a lovely pigeon. 2011 though, so he's not a puppy. Still, if he's still leaving them he's a great asset.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Steve Howells

That's them Mike. Rockefeller is a beautiful pigeon he was also a gutsy bird, he returned badly hawked from Narbonne but still put up a credible performance. The son I have off Miracle Ace is a lovely looking chap till you handle him,then not so nice.