De Graeve

Post your topics on breeding or family of pigeons here.
Devo1956

Just checking out on some flyers that were under the radar, of some of the big household names in the pigeon world.. I have come across this guy.
De Graeve

all short-distance pigeon-fancier from Waarschoot in East Flanders
nicknamed “the king of speed”
owner of the 1st national ace-pigeon short-distance K.B.D.B. 2007
pigeons that are particularly suitable for the short-distance, but also for the middle-distance
the base of the stock was laid with pigeons from the De Baere brothers from Nokere, which were in fact Desmet-Matthijs pigeons
supplemented with pigeons from Romain Legiest (Oostakker) via Jules Hautekiet, Maurice Matteeuws (Bruges) via brother Gentiel De Graeve and local fanciers

According to Antoine people search to much. The only thing that counts is 'good pigeons'! He also likes to see a pigeon with a soft plumage, a glassy, fiery eye… but the real expert is 'the basket'! His pigeons must, as widower, be able to win 6 or 7 times per 10, where from no less than 3 or 4 times very early. Antoine has a sort that easily race 1st prizes… and that is what counts in the pigeon sport! Preferably 4 real good pigeons in the racing loft than 20 prize racers! All his performances as a youngster are not really of overriding importance, but they are as a yearling! One thing Antoine wanted to share with us: when he went to buy his first pigeons from Gust De Baere in the sixties, he gave him a golden tip: 'never' spend one franc on an inspector, but be an inspector of your own loft, because nobody knows your pigeons better than yourself. The origin, the character, and most importantly the health and the achieved performances! Who knows them better than the own loft's fancier! There's no flaw in the arguments… because they come from a professional who has for nearly forty years running belonged to the 'very top' of the sprint. A man that can't be competed with, and who now, with the achievement of the 1st National Ace pigeon Sprint KBDB 2007, has the absolute crown of his successful career! His name: Antoine De Graeve from Waarschoot, rightly known as 'the King of Speed!'
Andy

Interesting read Dev. Is he or has he continued to achieve a high level of success since 2007?
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 am Interesting read Dev. Is he or has he continued to achieve a high level of success since 2007?
I am still going over some reports mate.
Andy

Ok mate.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Devo1956 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:15 am
Andy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 am Interesting read Dev. Is he or has he continued to achieve a high level of success since 2007?
I am still going over some reports mate.
The 85-year-old Antoine De Graeve from the East Flanders Waarschoot is like a good red wine from the French Bordeaux:

The older the better !!

1. General Provincial Master Ostflandern 2018
1. Provincial champion middle distance Ostflandern 2018
1.Provincial champion short distance Ostflandern 2018
3.National champion small middle distance KBDB 2018
3.National Champion Short Distance Old & Yearling KBDB 2018
4.National ACE pigeon KBDB small middle distance 2018
7.National AS pigeon KBDB short distance yearlings2018
and much 1.prize & top prices!!
MIL

Devo1956

MIL wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:19 pm Have a read :

https://www.pipa.be/en/articles/de-grae ... speed-1213
Yes Mike, i was reading this early today. I must say great reading, of a great flyer.
Devo1956

I always think about what great mentors these flyers would be for some people in the sport. I am sure many of his club members, would have loved a one to one chat about the sport.
MIL

I've come across that "Blue Champagne" cock many a time in different pedigrees

Another one to look out for is Rudi Diels and his ‘Goudhaantje’ cock ;)
Devo1956

Yes Mike, i agree there are so many great breeders out there. And it is a great thing in the sport when you meet them.

The pedigree says enough !
Father of the “GOUDHAANTJE” is the “PEET” B-03-6033216, he was himself ACE-PIGEON 2003 in Beerse. In 2004 he got hurt on his eye so Rudi couldn’t race the “PEET” anymore ; so the “PEET” moved into the breeding loft.
The mother of “GOUDHAANTJE” is the “BLAUW KLEIN” B-03-6033221 she was also 1. ACE-PIGEON 2003 in SAMENSPEL TURNHOUT NOYON.
Attachments
diels11.jpg
diels13.jpg
diels6.jpg