Life in Bendigo.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Murray

All the pigeons went a few weeks ago.
When i saw him a couple of weeks ago he was on a 20 foot oxygen tube to a machine.
Not good.

I know all the pigeon blokes around here. The thing is, I wouldn't waste much of my time on some of them.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
killer

Sorry Mate , go to aussiepigeonsales,com & see the 14 birds I’m talking about ,your know Sherlock Holmes ,lol, what can you tell about his birds ,
Murray

I don't know much about those particular pigeons, but the long distance pigeons Ollie had were very successful for him over the years, flying all the extreme distance races, right up to the races from Queensland. He was never frightened to send them, and they were often right on the money. They had to be good pigeons to earn a perch at Ollie's place. He loved his pigeons, but there was no place for pretenders.

I should think they would be good additions to anyone breeding long distance pigeons.
killer

Thanks Murray ,ive got a mate chasing them !,I’ll pass the info on to him ,
Murray

I have had a bit of a hiding lately.

A late bred disappeared last week, and turned up next evening with what i thought was a broken leg. I kept her in a box for a few days until it started hopping around then put her back. She is flying good, but limps around. Looks terrible.
Then a young hen laid one egg but the other one must have got stuck, she got sick and died. :cry:
Yesterday morning Catherine sent me a message that our neighbour had arrived at the door with a pigeon he had found on the back doorstep. It's one of mine and has hit a TV aerial or something and hurt it's wing. I don't think it's broken, it is holding it up rather than it drooping. So it's in the box.
It was a cold night that night, right down to freezing, so the poor wee thing spent the night on the doorstep shivering with a bung wing. No wonder he just reached down and picked it up.

Hopefully that's the run of bad luck for now.
Buster121

Murray wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:38 pm I have had a bit of a hiding lately.

A late bred disappeared last week, and turned up next evening with what i thought was a broken leg. I kept her in a box for a few days until it started hopping around then put her back. She is flying good, but limps around. Looks terrible.
Then a young hen laid one egg but the other one must have got stuck, she got sick and died. :cry:
Yesterday morning Catherine sent me a message that our neighbour had arrived at the door with a pigeon he had found on the back doorstep. It's one of mine and has hit a TV aerial or something and hurt it's wing. I don't think it's broken, it is holding it up rather than it drooping. So it's in the box.
It was a cold night that night, right down to freezing, so the poor wee thing spent the night on the doorstep shivering with a bung wing. No wonder he just reached down and picked it up.

Shame mate hope it is a knock more than anything and it recovers
Andy

That’s not a good run Murray. Hopefully the injured ones will recover. I’m surprised I don’t get the odd ones hit tv aerials, especially the youngsters, as they seem to get pretty close to them with their antics when first flying around.
The hen I had hawked a few weeks ago still has a limp and one wing on the same side always hangs low and probably always will now. But she does fly now and seems happy enough. She’ll never be able to race though.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Buster121 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:41 am
Murray wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:38 pm I have had a bit of a hiding lately.

Shame mate hope it is a knock more than anything and it recovers
Thanks buster.
The pigeon is fine in herself, but I think she has given that wing a very hard bang.
See how the next week or so goes.
Murray

It's a shame. The little hen has had all the tosses, has never done a thing wrong, and looks a million bucks.
It's father is a Van loon x Jos Thone,
It's mother is a Jos Thone x Van Loon.
Unrelated.
She was not happy with me pointing the camera at her. Adopted an angry pose :)
004.JPG
Buster121

She does look nice and fit, hope she recovers well