When you get a new buzz

Post your topics on breeding or family of pigeons here.
Murray

Yes, I have some terrific pigeons in my hen house. :D

There's the three children of the super breeder "Hawkeye", the pure Heremans.
The Billion Dollar Baby, by Hawkeye from a Patrick Boeckx X V. D. Bulck hen. Kittel bloodlines. Mother of a winner of two races from her first nest.
The Trillian Baby, a blue bar like Hawkeye. From a Jansen hen. Will go to stock this year.
The Road Runner. From a pure Heremans hen so he is straight Heremans. Yearling. I put special race rings on a pair of his youngsters and sent them to my mate David. He has 112 youngsters and told me that one of those pigeons is the absolute pick of the loft.

Then there's the four Jos Thone cocks.
The two red brothers, the final offspring of the old red imported Jos Thone' pair. The dark red one bred the late bred mealy that won for me last year.
The big grizzle cock, who is an awesome pigeon, and the beautiful blue bar white flight cock who is paired to the Melbourne hen. They breed stunning pigeons in every nest, and they have done well in other lofts as well.

That's just some of them.
I have some lovely pigeons. I am very lucky. :D
003.JPG
That's the Billion Baby. She's going to peck me in the eye if i look at her...... :lol:
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

If I was in two one loft racing I be looking for
Tom lock pigeons
Tom lock was a legend in South Africa
But iv not seen one interview of a champion loft in south africa that don't have Tom lock pigeons they race 18 weeks solid zero rest
And the amount of 1 loft winners in south africa with Tom lock blood in the winners it's frightening
Even the champion sprint pigeon in Africa turbo kittle is one half Tom lock
*these pigeons ain't hype paper planes these are in every champion loft,
Tom lock selections was super tough first toss baby's 100km 2 up baby's that didn't return he removed parents as well by doing this for years he made a strain that are just the best south africa as ever seen.
MIL

So... "Marie" was sold on Herbots a couple of months ago. I can't recall precisely but I'm sure she went for something like 14,000-15,000 euro's

A Full Sister to "WHITE MAN" bred "MORMELKE MARIE" (B20-6023328)
Super winner of :
1 Prov Ace bird middle distance youngsters KBDB 2020
4 Nat Ace bird middle distance youngsters KBDB 2020
24th Prov Sens 6,047 birds
31st Prov Melun 8,101 birds
33rd Prov Fay Aux Loges 6,470 birds
48th Sezanne 3,589 birds

"MORMELKE MARIE" is Direct Dam of :
B23-500685
31st National Ace Sprint YB KBDB 2023
2nd Chimay 1,943 birds
8th Mettet 3,010 birds
15th Chimay 1,038 birds
19th Mettet 1,661 birds
33rd Mettet 2,452 birds
34th Mettet 2,337 birds
67th Chimay 2,697 birds
74th Laon 1,668 birds
101st Dizy 2,624 birds

Both "OLYMPIC RICO" and "MORMELKE MARIE" feature in the breeding of
B23-5000642
33rd National Ace Sprint YB KBDB 2023
8th Dizy 1,616 birds
17th Mettet 3,010 birds
22nd Mettet 1,661 birds
25th Mettet 2,452 birds
33rd Chimay 996 birds
40th Chimay 2,697 birds
44th Dizy 3,320 birds
57th Laon 1,650 birds
78th Laon 1,668 birds
84th Vervins 1,475 birds
95th Mettet 2,337 birds
157th Laon 3,239 birds

Being bred from a full sister to "White Man" there's obviously a huge catalogue of winners coming through these birds

These genes were sought after in the UK on the auction scene last winter and I only expect more of the same this winter
Devo1956

Murray wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:41 am Yes, I have some terrific pigeons in my hen house. :D

The Billion Dollar Baby, by Hawkeye from a Patrick Boeckx X V. D. Bulck hen. Kittel bloodlines. Mother of a winner of two races from her first nest.
The Trillian Baby, a blue bar like Hawkeye. From a Jansen hen. Will go to stock this year.
The Road Runner. From a pure Heremans hen so he is straight Heremans. Yearling. I put special race rings on a pair of his youngsters and sent them to my mate David. He has 112 youngsters and told me that one of those pigeons is the absolute pick of the loft.

The two red brothers, the final offspring of the old red imported Jos Thone' pair. The dark red one bred the late bred mealy that won for me last year.
The big grizzle cock, who is an awesome pigeon, and the beautiful blue bar white flight cock who is paired to the Melbourne hen. They breed stunning pigeons in every nest, and they have done well in other lofts as well.

003.JPG
That's the Billion Baby. She's going to peck me in the eye if i look at her...... :lol:
Can i ask you Murray, if you was to buy a racing pigeon online or from a breeder. How do the quarantine rules and also the costs, to bring a bird into the country?
Great photo Murray, she rules the loft i guess.
Last edited by Devo1956 on Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Devo1956

MIL wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:25 am So... "Marie" was sold on Herbots a couple of months ago. I can't recall precisely but I'm sure she went for something like 14,000-15,000 euro's

A Full Sister to "WHITE MAN" bred "MORMELKE MARIE" (B20-6023328)
Super winner of :
1 Prov Ace bird middle distance youngsters KBDB 2020
4 Nat Ace bird middle distance youngsters KBDB 2020
24th Prov Sens 6,047 birds
31st Prov Melun 8,101 birds
33rd Prov Fay Aux Loges 6,470 birds
48th Sezanne 3,589 birds

"MORMELKE MARIE" is Direct Dam of :
B23-500685
31st National Ace Sprint YB KBDB 2023
2nd Chimay 1,943 birds
8th Mettet 3,010 birds
15th Chimay 1,038 birds
19th Mettet 1,661 birds
33rd Mettet 2,452 birds
34th Mettet 2,337 birds
67th Chimay 2,697 birds
74th Laon 1,668 birds
101st Dizy 2,624 birds

Both "OLYMPIC RICO" and "MORMELKE MARIE" feature in the breeding of
B23-5000642
33rd National Ace Sprint YB KBDB 2023
8th Dizy 1,616 birds
17th Mettet 3,010 birds
22nd Mettet 1,661 birds
25th Mettet 2,452 birds
33rd Chimay 996 birds
40th Chimay 2,697 birds
44th Dizy 3,320 birds
57th Laon 1,650 birds
78th Laon 1,668 birds
84th Vervins 1,475 birds
95th Mettet 2,337 birds
157th Laon 3,239 birds

Being bred from a full sister to "White Man" there's obviously a huge catalogue of winners coming through these birds

These genes were sought after in the UK on the auction scene last winter and I only expect more of the same this winter
Thank you for that information Mike, and taking time to reply. All good information on knowing what you are looking for.
Murray

Devo1956 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:22 am
Murray wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:41 am Yes, I have some terrific pigeons in my hen house. :D

003.JPG
Can i ask you Murray, if you was to buy a racing pigeon online or from a breeder. How do the quarantine rules and also the costs, to bring a bird into the country?
The importation of pigeons has slowed right down in Australia.
The costs have become so high that it has become difficult. And being honest, if you look at the pedigrees of the pigeons on the market, they are the same as the ones that came to Australia a couple of years ago.
There is a very good pigeon quarantine station at Melbourne international airport. World class. The very best and latest strains of pigeons in Europe and the UK were here immediately.
That is why, in a chook shed a couple of hundred miles from Melbourne, I have some of the best bloodlines in the world.
Sitting on my shoulder, :D
Murray

And no, B$B does not rule the loft. She is just a nice little hen with a massive pedigree that raises her babies and gets annoyed if I stick my head in too often. :D
Devo1956

Murray wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:44 am
Devo1956 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:22 am

003.JPG
The importation of pigeons has slowed right down in Australia.
The costs have become so high that it has become difficult. And being honest, if you look at the pedigrees of the pigeons on the market, they are the same as the ones that came to Australia a couple of years ago.
There is a very good pigeon quarantine station at Melbourne international airport. World class. The very best and latest strains of pigeons in Europe and the UK were here immediately.
That is why, in a chook shed a couple of hundred miles from Melbourne, I have some of the best bloodlines in the world.
Sitting on my shoulder, :D
My friend Christoph in Germany, said it was around 900 euros to send a bird there. he gets phone calls from people looking for his birds. You enjoy your day mate.
Murray

It does show how much she is valued though.
The Billion Dollar baby. She is B$B.
Like an American rapper, B$B....... :D :lol:
Devo1956

Murray wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:56 am It does show how much she is valued though.
The Billion Dollar baby. She is B$B.
Like an American rapper, B$B....... :D :lol:
Yes Murray i do agree, somethings in life mean more than anything. That people wish for. enjoy your birds mate.