Glastonbury FC

Post all your results here for others to see.
Devo1956

Well done all, very short race. so you have to be on your toes..
Buster121

Andy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:20 pm
Trev wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:03 pm Great result for Glastonbury, especially the Staddons !! Well done also to all in the result 👏👏 The Crewkerne members did well too considering they fly further and had the wind on the beak to contend with !!
Good luck next week.
Crewkerne should have been up there Trev with the wind. Although they fly further they are a bit to the South of us and in a NNE wind it would have been in their favour.
You can see from the sheet how spread our club is. John Halstead being the shortest flyer at 31 miles and Phil Duckett being the longest flying member on the combine sheet at 57 miles.
Is Dave Wilson still flying there Andy as don't see his name for ages
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:46 pm
Andy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:20 pm
Trev wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:03 pm Great result for Glastonbury, especially the Staddons !! Well done also to all in the result 👏👏 The Crewkerne members did well too considering they fly further and had the wind on the beak to contend with !!
Good luck next week.
Crewkerne should have been up there Trev with the wind. Although they fly further they are a bit to the South of us and in a NNE wind it would have been in their favour.
You can see from the sheet how spread our club is. John Halstead being the shortest flyer at 31 miles and Phil Duckett being the longest flying member on the combine sheet at 57 miles.
Is Dave Wilson still flying there Andy as don't see his name for ages
I think his still in the Crewkerne club Steve. I haven’t seen the full Crewkerne result.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Thanks Andy
Andy

So we had our second race of the season today. With the forecast it always looked as if it could be an iffy day.
The birds were released at 10.00 in a very light NNE wind. There was full cloud cover and it was cold at only 8c. From the video clip of the liberation it didn’t look like they cleared very well. I had thought when marking that it could have been a fairly quick race but certainly didn’t turn out that way.
I eventually had a pigeon coming straight up from the South and wasted little time trapping and was clocked at 11.07. Three minutes later I had a second. He was so high that I wasn’t even sure it was a pigeon to start with. He spiralled down and was clocked at 11.10. A third at 11.15 but then had to wait nearly an hour for the fourth. I ended up getting 9 from 11. There were quite a few empty perches tonight with only 1 member getting them all. 12, 8, 5 etc missing by some members.
The club was won by Dave and John Staddon with a 5 year old cock who John said had been hawked on his way home as he had a gash down one side and some of his tail feathers missing. My first 2 were 3 year old distance pigeons. Yearlings really seemed to struggle today especially considering it was only a short race.
IMG_3229.jpeg
Murray

That's not the very best, Andy, obviously they have got broken up. Probably Mrs hawk?
It's not good when you hear people have empty perches. Hopefully your other two will turn up.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Murray

I never think that just because its a short one, a race will be an easy one. Seem some absolute disasters from very short races. :( :o :shock:
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Buster121

Hope others return safely, well done on a very iffy day mate, with the Staddons getting hit does show what they endured on way home
Andy

There were very big gaps between pigeons for all. Mr Stoodley had the first 4 in Crewkerne. His first pigeon was 20 minutes in front of his second. Shows something drastically went wrong.
Trev

Well done all, personally I think a lot of it is that it's just too cold still, you feel how your muscles tighten up if you suddenly come form the warm into the cold wind !! You certainly don't need races like that so early inbtye season !! Glad you got most of them home, hopefully missing birds will turn up today 🤞