The family way.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Devo1956

One of the guys in Germany with his family. This is the owner of the old hen still racing, this season will be her 10th year.
I think this photo was taken to promote the family sport, which i feel is important.
Attachments
thumbnail - 2024-04-23T171759.798.jpeg
Andy

Nice photo Dev.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Lovely photo and great idea.
That's is quite impressive, still racing at 10 years old !! I've got a couple of 6 year olds that I was going to retire this year, maybe I need to reconsider !!
Buster121

Nice photo there Dev, welcome back
Murray

Great photo!
I reckon the owner of that hen deserves much of the credit for that hen racing for so many seasons. He has obviously managed her and cared for her very well. He cannot be one of the " they have to go" brigade, who send everything regardless and shrug their shoulders when they fail to return.
It's a good trainer who can keep them going for years.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Devo1956

Murray wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:09 am Great photo!
I reckon the owner of that hen deserves much of the credit for that hen racing for so many seasons. He has obviously managed her and cared for her very well. He cannot be one of the " they have to go" brigade, who send everything regardless and shrug their shoulders when they fail to return.
Yes i agree with you Murray, he has invited me to his uncles breeding lofts. A must i would say.
MIL

Full credit to all concerned!
Murray

Devo1956 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:21 am
Murray wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:09 am Great photo!
Yes i agree with you Murray, he has invited me to his uncles breeding lofts. A must i would say.
That being said, I have learned that they have to be good pigeons from the start. The soft attitude that a moderate pigeon might be better next year is very often a mistake.
If you have a yearling that is not up to much, you can be fairly certain that next year he will be a two year old that isn't up to much.
They seem to get a year older, not a year better..... :D
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

I agree with that Murray. I have the odd ones here that really shouldn’t be. Will be having a good sort out at the end of the season.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.