Starting out

Need any help or advice post it here.
Andy

I think you make some very valid points there Anthony. Daz did get his as a kit of 6 from Tumley lofts. Hope they will do him a turn.
I like your thinking about only getting one mentor. You can very easily get confused with too much information. Always good to listen to others though and absorb as much as possible but do what suits you.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Andy

I have got 3 nice cocks from Buster in my 11 bird widowhood team. 1 two year old who wasn’t raced as a youngster but had 9 races last year as a yearling, and 2 yearlings who had all 8 young bird races.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:10 pm I think you make some very valid points there Anthony. Daz did get his as a kit of 6 from Tumley lofts. Hope they will do him a turn.
I like your thinking about only getting one mentor. You can very easily get confused with too much information. Always good to listen to others though and absorb as much as possible but do what suits you.
I have said this before, look at all information given disregard 50% the other 50% treat with caution as we all have our own ways that work for us but may never work for the person next door even if following to the letter, in pigeon racing all points are valid, and yes only follow one mentor
Buster121

Andy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:24 pm I have got 3 nice cocks from Buster in my 11 bird widowhood team. 1 two year old who wasn’t raced as a youngster but had 9 races last year as a yearling, and 2 yearlings who had all 8 young bird races.
Hope they do well for you Andy
Trev

Andy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:10 pm I think you make some very valid points there Anthony. Daz did get his as a kit of 6 from Tumley lofts. Hope they will do him a turn.
The advice I often give is that it's good to get as many different opinions and ideas as you can but certainly don't take them all as gospel, pick out the ideas that you can implement in your loft, lifestyle and goals, then develop a team and solution that suits you. At the end of the day none of us have all the answers, if we did the sport would be dead.
Any pigeon can eventually breed you a winning team, it just depends how long you are prepared to wait to get there.
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:24 pm
I have said this before, look at all information given disregard 50% the other 50% treat with caution as we all have our own ways that work for us but may never work for the person next door even if following to the letter, in pigeon racing all points are valid, and yes only follow one mentor
So very true Buster.
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:24 pm
Sadly, for various reasons of my own making, I didn't do the crop of youngsters that I had from Buster justice but do have two of the originals left and a some very nice youngsters that I have high hopes for.