unikon users

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Ted

Can any one tell me why unicon clocks come in with 2 sec veration thanks. Ted
Andy

Well done Worm. A good first race. Were returns good? I see a lot were timed. Are you in very close proximity to the winner?
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

worm wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:24 pm Well all went as normal no problems and strike off was same thank god so not 100% what's happening with lads that having problems well done the winners got about 11 together we got 1 with them 2 theirs went in others flew very nervous ours done a turn with his before dropping
Well done Worm
worm

Andy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:55 pm Well done Worm. A good first race. Were returns good? I see a lot were timed. Are you in very close proximity to the winner?
yes 63/64 2 hours after first arrivals the bird missing had all training and smashed its leg first race so only had the one race as a yb lad who won is next door to us we can talk over fence lol if your not in first drop here your noware
williams and hadfield
Trev

worm wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:18 am
Andy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:55 pm Well done Worm. A good first race. Were returns good? I see a lot were timed. Are you in very close proximity to the winner?
yes 63/64 2 hours after first arrivals the bird missing had all training and smashed its leg first race so only had the one race as a yb lad who won is next door to us we can talk over fence lol if your not in first drop here your noware
Great result worm, well done worm and well done to all in the result.
That's the first out of the way, I hope it's a good and successful season for you.
Andy

Very good returns well done. It must be fun on race day then when you see birds heading your way. Rather like mine and Trev’s and our dad when we raced in the same garden. Seeing a bird dropping and not knowing who’s it was until it hit the trap lol.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Andy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:46 am
Very good returns well done. It must be fun on race day then when you see birds heading your way. Rather like mine and Trev’s and our dad when we raced in the same garden. Seeing a bird dropping and not knowing who’s it was until it hit the trap lol.
Yeah that was ok until we realised it wasn't it ours lol :lol:
As you say though Andy, back then when we had so many local fliers around us as well race days were quite exciting :D
worm

horrible when you see a few and they split but there bottom of allotments and the one coming for you is drawn to your fantail but peels of last second for next door 🤮🤮 then it dawns on you all spots now gone
williams and hadfield
Trev

worm wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:42 pm horrible when you see a few and they split but there bottom of allotments and the one coming for you is drawn to your fantail but peels of last second for next door 🤮🤮 then it dawns on you all spots now gone
Yes I can imagine how frustrating that must be 😕😬
I won't even talk to another Fancier in our club or Fed on race day, I don't want to know when anyone else has got one until that result is printed off in the evening.
Its amazing how, no matter how late you get a bird, you can still convince yourself that it could be the winner and I like to hold to that feeling for as long as I can lol :lol: :lol:
It's kind of an unwritten rule at the club too, and was back in Worthing when we were kids, that no one says what time they are on in the clock shed either, if someone is overheard they are soon reprimanded lol :lol: :lol: