First past the post

Post your funny pictures, jokes and videos here.
MIL

Yes Trev, I had £200 on him at 7/1. Hence why there's a nice room in a nice hotel in York with my name on for 3 nights. I know it sounds a lot (and is) but I don't drink, don't smoke and work 2 jobs (My IT job full time and self employed online pigeon auctions)

I'd say I've gambled on maybe 7-8 horses in the last 20 years. I stopped betting when I met my wife 20 years ago - we just have a flutter once in a blue moon, normally the Grand National but I never gambled last year for instance because nothing took my fancy - as opposed to Maximus

I find there's parallels between Horse Racing and Pigeon Racing. Some pigeon men are better than others. It's a fact. Same applies to horses. Some trainers are better than others. When you concentrate on those and then add "current form" into the equation then you improve your chances (in my opinion).
Murray

It's all a bit strange to me. I don't really know anything about horse racing.....
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

MIL wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:30 am Thanks all; and thanks to Murray for helping to run and crunch the numbers etc

It was good fun

I still look at a couple of my runners and think they're going to win

I still think "Bob Olinger" wins :)

On the plus side I now gamble once a year, and only on the National

I was all in on Maximus so booked a 3 night trip to York last night on him
So I was right about getting the cases packed :D :D , well done
Trev

MIL wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:27 am Yes Trev, I had £200 on him at 7/1. Hence why there's a nice room in a nice hotel in York with my name on for 3 nights. I know it sounds a lot (and is) but I don't drink, don't smoke and work 2 jobs (My IT job full time and self employed online pigeon auctions)

I'd say I've gambled on maybe 7-8 horses in the last 20 years. I stopped betting when I met my wife 20 years ago - we just have a flutter once in a blue moon, normally the Grand National but I never gambled last year for instance because nothing took my fancy - as opposed to Maximus

I find there's parallels between Horse Racing and Pigeon Racing. Some pigeon men are better than others. It's a fact. Same applies to horses. Some trainers are better than others. When you concentrate on those and then add "current form" into the equation then you improve your chances (in my opinion).
Good for you Mike, you've earned it so are entitled to spend it how you like.
Enjoy your trip mate.
Trev

Murray wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:25 am It's all a bit strange to me. I don't really know anything about horse racing.....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
MIL

Thanks Trev

Work hard and enjoy the free-time, that's how my world works best

Mike
Andy

Murray wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:25 am It's all a bit strange to me. I don't really know anything about horse racing.....
For our new members, Mike and Andybird in particular, who don’t know. Murray was a jockey for many years so he knows plenty :lol: :lol: :lol:
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.