pigeon lofts

Need any help or advice post it here.
wynands56

thinking about a new loft i know tranter and eco lofts makes them any one any experience with either i live in northern ireland and does not seem to be any one if i buy one its complete but if i could get a joiner they would have no experience building it any help would appreciated.
Buster121

wynands56 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:39 am thinking about a new loft i know tranter and eco lofts makes them any one any experience with either i live in northern ireland and does not seem to be any one if i buy one its complete but if i could get a joiner they would have no experience building it any help would appreciated.
There is one on ebay has been errected but never used £1500, I know you are in Ireland but may still be of use depending on transport costs
Devo1956

i think you would far better find a joiner local, to make you one. The price of the sheds and transport, you could save 40% of the cost. getting a good strong one made to your plans. I hope this helps.
George and Morgan

ask at local club they may know someone who is leaving the sport or has left and still got the loft
George and Morgan

wyands5 6 have sent you a private message6
Andy

Don’t know anything about Ireland so not a lot of help. I built one of mine myself and the other I got from a fancier that was getting rid of his birds.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
wynands56

i dont even think id save money if a joiner was available tranter lofts look good
Andy

wynands56 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:37 pm i dont even think id save money if a joiner was available tranter lofts look good
With the cost of labour and materials you probably wouldn’t. The loft builders can generally buy timber in large amounts at a good price and do usually use a good quality timber. Some of the cheaper sheds you see especially in garden centres are so flimsy you could almost push them over.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Andy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:06 pm Don’t know anything about Ireland so not a lot of help. I built one of mine myself and the other I got from a fancier that was getting rid of his birds.
I think the one you got from Brian was an Eco Loft Andy !!
I had a neighbour help me build mine so it didn't cost me any labour but the timber for the loft cost around £800, that was about 6 years ago. If I ever change it in the future I'd definitely buy one.