Life in Bealiba.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Murray

Banjo's new frog,
He's only a little bloke, maybe an inch long. He's sitting on the weather sensor outside the kitchen window.
Clever little bugger. The lights attract the moths to the window. He is motionless. Then...Bang! he's got one!
Banjo sits on the windowsill, about 3 inches away from him and looks at him through the window.
The frog doesn't care. :D
Attachments
003.JPG
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Murray

And I don't know why, but when i downloaded that it brought this one up. Youngsters in the sputnik back in Bendigo.
Attachments
001.JPG
Buster121

Well done froggy :lol: :lol: :D
Andy

Very good Murray. You’ll be able to get your loft back up in your new place soon.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Murray wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:56 am Banjo's new frog,
He's only a little bloke, maybe an inch long. He's sitting on the weather sensor outside the kitchen window.
Clever little bugger. The lights attract the moths to the window. He is motionless. Then...Bang! he's got one!
Banjo sits on the windowsill, about 3 inches away from him and looks at him through the window.
The frog doesn't care. :D
Very clever, well done little fella :D that is a great example though of how nature actually works. Good to see it's not one of those pretty and colourful ones ;) ;)
A bet banjo could sit there for hours mate :D
Trev

Murray wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:00 am And I don't know why, but when i downloaded that it brought this one up. Youngsters in the sputnik back in Bendigo.
As Andy says, you'll be glad to get your loft back up again soon and get those birds flying out.
Murray

Trev wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:10 pm
Murray wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:00 am And I don't know why, but when i downloaded that it brought this one up. Youngsters in the sputnik back in Bendigo.
As Andy says, you'll be glad to get your loft back up again soon and get those birds flying out.
Tomorrow, all going well, my pigeon loft is going up at the cottage in St Arnaud. We have a young builder, Mick, who is doing a lot of work for us and he is going to put it up for me tomorrow.
Then I can potter along and put all the fittings back in, the sputnik back on and probably give it a fresh coat of paint. I plan to have all nest boxes in the shed, and the small stock shed.
Catherine was a bit toey about that, :( . "You will have a thousand babies out there and you are not well enough to look after them all!"
She's right, I am not well enough to look after lots of pigeons, but they have been left together in the 'chook shed', and i explained that if I take them to the new place and separate them, they will not settle. Back in their own house with their own mates and their own babies, they will be fine.
When David delivered the loft parts, he also brought the Gordon box. Gordon looks a million bucks, and he will be pleased to be back in his box.
For the new members, Gordon is another story. ;)
We still have a lot of work to do on the cottage, but my wife is very clever. She knows I am not going very well at times, and sort of arranged that getting the lofts back up would be a tonic for me.
I tell you what, I will happily live a few months less with my pigeons than perhaps live a year or two more without them. :D
Devo1956

Murray wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:21 am
Trev wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:10 pm
Tomorrow, all going well, my pigeon loft is going up at the cottage in St Arnaud. We have a young builder, Mick, who is doing a lot of work for us and he is going to put it up for me tomorrow.
Then I can potter along and put all the fittings back in, the sputnik back on and probably give it a fresh coat of paint. I plan to have all nest boxes in the shed, and the small stock shed.
Catherine was a bit toey about that, :( . "You will have a thousand babies out there and you are not well enough to look after them all!"
She's right, I am not well enough to look after lots of pigeons, but they have been left together in the 'chook shed', and i explained that if I take them to the new place and separate them, they will not settle. Back in their own house with their own mates and their own babies, they will be fine.
When David delivered the loft parts, he also brought the Gordon box. Gordon looks a million bucks, and he will be pleased to be back in his box.
For the new members, Gordon is another story. ;)
We still have a lot of work to do on the cottage, but my wife is very clever. She knows I am not going very well at times, and sort of arranged that getting the lofts back up would be a tonic for me.
I tell you what, I will happily live a few months less with my pigeons than perhaps live a year or two more without them. :D
I hope all goes well for you and your friends, just take it easy mate and enjoy your birds being back in their home. But the main thing is your health, slowly does it mate. The birds need you to be part of their life too, good to hear Catherine keeps you in check. Just enjoy mate and reap the rewards.
Andy

Look forward to see it all back up and with pigeons in again. Glad you’re getting nearer to moving in. Hope all goes well.
Gordon is a well known character to the old uk members. Winning best in show a few years ago.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Good luck with it all Murray hope they all settle back in quickly