Just when I thought it was safe

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Buster121

Very lucky Murray
Devo1956

Oh my, you were very lucky there my friend, time will take care of it Murray.
Trev

Good to see that one managed to escape Muzza, I've got another bird in the loft at the moment with a damaged wing. I heard him in our neighbours log shed, he couldn't fly as the wing was badly bruised, I think he probably hit something trying to avoid the hawk. His wing is still down but he is managing to fly up to the perches now.
Murray

Sadly, she is not with us any more. She was one of my originals when I started up in Australia.
She passed away last year.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Andy

I have one here also with a dropped wing and also one eye that isn’t right. She’s a 3 year old hen. As a youngster she went missing off the loft when still squeaking and was reported 40 miles away. We went and picked her up and she had obviously escaped a hawk as she had feathers missing and a bit of bruising but otherwise ok. As a yearling she was hit by a sparrow hawk in early March. She was missing overnight and I thought she was a gonna. But she turned up the following morning hardly able to fly. She fell in the loft and fortunately she was sitting eggs on the floor and went back onto them.
IMG_1606.jpeg
IMG_1603.jpeg
It was sometime before she could fly again but now goes out and does fly but the one wing is still droopy. She wouldn’t be able to race.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

That is a shame Andy
Buster121

Trev wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:49 am Good to see that one managed to escape Muzza, I've got another bird in the loft at the moment with a damaged wing. I heard him in our neighbours log shed, he couldn't fly as the wing was badly bruised, I think he probably hit something trying to avoid the hawk. His wing is still down but he is managing to fly up to the perches now.
Hope he recovers well mate
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:28 am
Trev wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:49 am Good to see that one managed to escape Muzza, I've got another bird in the loft at the moment with a damaged wing. I heard him in our neighbours log shed, he couldn't fly as the wing was badly bruised, I think he probably hit something trying to avoid the hawk. His wing is still down but he is managing to fly up to the perches now.
Hope he recovers well mate
He's doing ok thanks mate, like Andy's hen he still has the dropped wing but is now coming out for a short fly, I have noticed now that he has a few tail feathers missing too so he obviously did escape something.