Introduction

Say hello to all the other members on the forum.
diesel

Hi everyone hope site goes well I am diesel .good luck for season hope the hawks are leaving birds alone .
Buster121

Hi Diesel and welcome to the site, good luck to you as well
Andy

Hi and welcome Diesel. Won’t be long now before the season starts, 2 weeks for me. Good luck for the coming season. Not to much of a problem with hawks here. Do have red kites and buzzards around and plenty of jackdaws to give early warnings of any hawks.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
diesel

Hi Andy plenty of buzzards flying overhead biggest problem sparrow hawks at the moment . We start in 2weeks .
No training yet getting birds fit around lofts. Good luck
Andy

diesel wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:20 pm Hi Andy plenty of buzzards flying overhead biggest problem sparrow hawks at the moment . We start in 2weeks .
No training yet getting birds fit around lofts. Good luck
I have got a pair of sparrow hawks around here but fortunately don’t seem to give me too much of a problem. The poor small birds do get hammered though. I was hoping to give my widowhood cocks 2 or 3 trainers while paired and on eggs but due to the poor weather haven’t managed to do so yet. The hens will be removed next week. I don’t like the cocks to go into a basket without the hens being in the loft on return so may not get any training in. Not to worried as these have all been raced before and our first 3 races are only from 35 miles for me being about the shortest flier in the combine. The cocks were flying well around the loft before being repaired. Once split they will be exercised twice a day.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.