A youngster for future breeding

Post your topics on breeding or family of pigeons here.
Devo1956

Here is a very nice youngster, it will be ideal for the breeding loft. Pure class.
Attachments
1df22e3d-d44a-4c52-92de-25b1538ba773_largesize.jpg
458f8cc1-2322-4282-b887-7f484839546a_largesize (1).jpg
bd435507-c7c1-47d8-8fed-c32f1159bb76_largesize.jpg
5f562a9d-d8a6-4033-a2bf-34ab9f1d86b9_largesize.jpg
4777462c-65e1-47e2-bdc7-e1750772c73d_fullsize.jpg
Buster121

It's ok, :lol: :lol: :lol: no seriously it is very nice :D :D
Andy

I had a red chequer cock like that. He had a big blue spot on his head and a blue tail. I called him Rainbow. He won a few races.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

So parents n some grand parents wasn't raced and this young pigeon should be retained for breeding.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

I see it's a good line of pigeon I have a direct son of vd brand 28 cock he's number 1 breeder
Mine as bred lots of fed winners n g Sire to 5 yb winners last season but I don't agree with all these gg children not being tested first.
MIL

"GREIPEL" is a cracking breeder. Very often overshadowed by his famous brother "KITTEL" - that's not a crime because "KITTEL" knocks shades of most pigeons as a racer/breeder. That's why his name has become the most famous name in the game this last 10 years

If you look at the "Brilliance of Bulck" thread have a look at "GREEN EYE" and his performanes. That's a G.Son of "GREIPEL"

"GREIPEL" is a top top top top top class breeder

"OLYMPIC KITTEL 006" was also a fine racer ("Olympiade") I've a lot of time especially for his brother "LIBERAAL" who features in the breeding of both KBDB Champions "KING ARTHUR" and "BLIZZARD KING KITTEL"

When you throw in "EL ZARKA" (Sire of Leideman's "GOED GRIJS") and "OLYMPIC RICO" there's no denying its a hefty gene pool of super breeders.

Can you get closer to the tree? Technically yes, but that'll cost you

And after all, if a line of pigeon is good then it should have the ability to produce winners generation after generation after generation
Anthony webster
Great Britain

MIL wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:06 pm "GREIPEL" is a cracking breeder. Very often overshadowed by his famous brother "KITTEL" - that's not a crime because "KITTEL" knocks shades of most pigeons as a racer/breeder. That's why his name has become the most famous name in the game this last 10 years

If you look at the "Brilliance of Bulck" thread have a look at "GREEN EYE" and his performanes. That's a G.Son of "GREIPEL"

"GREIPEL" is a top top top top top class breeder

"OLYMPIC KITTEL 006" was also a fine racer ("Olympiade") I've a lot of time especially for his brother "LIBERAAL" who features in the breeding of both KBDB Champions "KING ARTHUR" and "BLIZZARD KING KITTEL"

When you throw in "EL ZARKA" (Sire of Leideman's "GOED GRIJS") and "OLYMPIC RICO" there's no denying its a hefty gene pool of super breeders.

Can you get closer to the tree? Technically yes, but that'll cost you

And after all, if a line of pigeon is good then it should have the ability to produce winners generation after generation after generation
Mike the parents didn't race the grand parents got fancy names n there parents results on there name what's that about its a massive con,
Any proper decent person would put ring number on pedigree and say bred for stock, not putting a load of bs on a pedigree that's all ready on the pedigree 1 pigeon back,,
You say about these pigeons and I agree there good birds but only in good fanicers hands that win with all families of pigeons,
How about the 1000s that spend there money each Yr on these birds and never take a club or fed prize,
Stevie goulding was in vd bulcks when he had 8 pigeons yrs before he was a house hold name stevie raced he's n they went in the ferret hutch because they couldn't beat he's v loons or keep up,, stevie to this day still says 8 pigeons and now there's millions of em,
I'm another one who invested in vd bulcks but 2 seasons racing them they were only on sheet on tail winds but they still couldn't beat my own birds on any wind,
Were friends Mike and I agree these are good pigeons in good flyers hands
Just like nice clothes on a model they look good get the same clothes on a slob n they look rubbish,
Each season we see different fashion n names in pigeons but it's same flyers winning
There just like a pair of jeans with a different label each season,
Andy

Personally I don’t pay much attention to pedigrees. The only thing I’m bothered about is what they do in my loft. I couldn’t afford the vast sums of money to purchase these types of pigeons and I doubt they would be any better than what through good selective breeding I could breed myself, just no fancy name to them. These big hyped up pedigrees are only any use to those commercial people looking to sell pigeons. I have nothing against that but not for me.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
MIL

I'm like you Tony. I like to see as many really good performance pigeons and/or performance breeders as prominent in any pedigree as possible because then, when breeding young from these pigeons you're not reinventing the wheel by asking them to perform.

There's not a family out there who win in everybody's hands. That cannot happen because some fliers just aren't good fliers
Anthony webster
Great Britain

MIL wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:29 pm I'm like you Tony. I like to see as many really good performance pigeons and/or performance breeders as prominent in any pedigree as possible because then, when breeding young from these pigeons you're not reinventing the wheel by asking them to perform.

There's not a family out there who win in everybody's hands. That cannot happen because some fliers just aren't good fliers
No worries mike
I'm not against any one selling pigeons and pedigrees but wished they was honest first look at them pedigrees and you think most pigeons was raced but when you look there's hardly a pigeon raced in each pedigree.
This is wrong in my opinion and why lads loose so many pigeons
Say first yb of season 2000 birds in race there's probably 200 baby's bred of tried n tested birds the other 1800 baby's bred from parents bought over the winter on Internet auction sites unraced with pedigrees from unraced birds so now there's 2000 baby's in sky 1800 bred from in raced birds so say minimum 75 percent are rubbish now there's 1350 baby's that ain't worth a carrot flying around you know the minute 1 baby turns the rest turn and try and pick it up for the first 3,4 races until these birds are lost racing will be awful and liberations that don't clear fast get absolutely slaughtered by perigrines
People moan about today's racing saying we never had this year's ago
No they didn't but they only kept a small team of race birds and there birds was bred from tough reliable birds not fancy pedigree that have never seen a race crate.