Loft build

Topics relating to construction or maintenance of your loft, boxes and pigeon equipment
Buster121

mark1 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:38 pm Thanks Buster. Apparantly a span up to 4.5m only needs one row of noggins in the centre. Anything under 2.5m does not require any. The loft is 2.4m so think I'm safe. I'm using foil backed PIR insulation and on top of that will be 18mm ply, so should be plenty stiffness.
Well you learn something new every day as they say, look forward to seeing the progress updates
Trev

mark1 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:11 pm First stage done, base down. Well and truly committed now. Approx 14 x 8ft

Frame 1.jpg
Welcome back and good luck Mark, good to see that you have decided to give it a crack mate 👍The base is looking good, I look forward to seeing how things progress for you. All the best.
mark1

Coming along. The base has been insulated and the stud walls have all been built and lined with 9mm OSB.
Insulation.jpg
Framing.jpg
Andy

Coming on nicely Mark. What is the building behind you?
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
mark1

Andy wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:09 pm Coming on nicely Mark. What is the building behind you?
Yes, coming along. Get the roof sorted next.

It’s a water pumping station that’s still in operation. Quite an old building by the looks of it.
Murray

Great job there, Mark.
The floor and walls are very well done, and as you say, the roof is the next bit. Some will disagree with me, but I think the roof is more important than nearly anything else.
A roof that keeps the rain out, just, makes the rest of a quality build a waste of time.
I work the other way down. Good roof, good loft.
Here's a couple of pics of my little shed in Australia.
[/attachment]
001.JPG
Attachments
008.JPG
Greetings from the land down under. :D