Happy St Patrick's day!

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Trev

Devo1956 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:55 am Being from a family of 15 children, first up best dressed. My dad was Catholic and my mother was in the church of England. So i have to say there was some days you just did not want to happen. My mother would always say, Religion did not put bread on the table, and to be honest we went through a lot of that. Before i was born, my mother lost a son and 2 daughters, all in early stages of life. So living in a one bedroom home, it was like 6 in the bed with crash helmets on. But we got by, plenty of scouse and bread. That is how life was, for many years. I grew up not wanting to have any religion, i had seen enough argument over the years. And help clear up the mess, when all was over. So every day is a normal day for me.
That was tough on your Mum Dev, they certainly were hard times for back then. Our Late clib secretary Roy Olliver was one of 13 children, he was a big, strong and what you saw is what you got kind of man, he always said he was dragged up, not brought up. God rest him.
You turned out ok mate, good on you πŸ‘πŸ€ 
Trev

Well after todays well deserved Six Nations victory their will be plenty more celebrations amongst the Irish Community world wide 🍾🍻🀠
Murray

Buster121 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:52 pm
Murray wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:09 am
Trev wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:43 am

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Now that's quite a combination lol
With the Newzealand/Australian twang that must be some accent you have lol πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Happy St Patrick's day to all our Irish friends πŸ₯ƒπŸ₯ƒ
Strangely enough my accent is almost middle class English, partly because my mother would not stand for lazy speech.
Many Aussies think I am a pom.
Working class and very proud :D :D :D
Oh, I am working class, make no mistake. My father came from Glasgow. But my mother's family were professional people and academics and were a little bit 'nicer'. Broke her heart when I went into racing stables :D
Greetings from the land down under. :D