Re pairing the widowhoods

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Andy

I now need to decide when to re pair the widowhoods in preparation for racing. The youngsters were all removed 10 days ago. They have been split up since. The cocks have been going out every morning since. After the problems some have been flying well while others not so. They are getting better. 10 of the 11 flew quite well this morning.
I need to work back in dates from the first race. Our first race is 20th April. I would like the cocks to have been on widowhood for about a week before the first race. The hens will be taken away when sitting about 10 days plus a couple of days for the cocks to come off the eggs as they will be left with the eggs after the hens have been removed. So for the cocks to be on widowhood for the week before the first race the hens will want removing on the 11th April sitting 10 days. So need to lay on 1st April. As they have already been paired this year I would expect them all to lay after 8 days from re pairing. So working that back I think I need to re pair them on 23rd March. About 2 weeks time.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Sounds like you are all over it Andy.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Man with a plan