Energy bills.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:50 pm
Andy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:34 pm The price is coming down for both at present. I took out a 4 year contract for our electric which runs out in November this year. We are paying a very low rate compared to what we would have been if paying a non contact price. I have been being contacted regularly by companies looking for me to do a forward contract after this one runs out. I have told them all that I am not going to renew until later in the year as I think the price is going to fall more. Already the price I’m being offered now is about 5p a unit less than they were offering back in November.
Andy it will go up again think September so be aware
Yeah I think you’re right. I think it’s going to drop a bit more in April and again probably in July. So will be looking to lock into a new contract around August time.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Devo1956 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:13 pm
Murray wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:59 pm Just don't even get me started. :x
Come on Murray, please share.
Okay, since you ask, I live on top of one of the biggest reserves of black coal in earth. Over a million tons a DAY are exported, mainly to China. There are massive reserves of natural gas.
Australia is responsible for about 1% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions, and the vegetation absorbs more than that. We are, in fact carbon negative.
But the lunatic Greens have bullied successive governments into buying into this "Climate Change" fraud. Billions and billions and billions of dollars have been spent dismantling a first world class power generation system and installing alternative energy systems that DO NOT WORK.
The windmills and solar panels might have a potential output of many gigawatts of electricity. In reality they produce about 10% of that. Simples is, they don't work when the sun don't shine, i.e. every night, and the wind don't blow. Or when the wind blows too hard.
Who is paying for this folly? Why we are, of course.
Instead of plenty of readily available power, we are paying some of the highest costs in the world to pay for the escalating cost of the diminishing supply.
Climate Change is a political agenda, not a physical reality. It is part of the push towards a centralized system of government., or "One World Order" if you like. It is a myth. The climate has warmed by 0.18 degrees per DECADE for the last four decades. Less than the normal fluctuation seen over any similar period.
Now the government here are starting to tell us what we should eat, less meat, more vegetables. What we should drive, an electric car, even though there is not enough electricity. What we should think, the earth is boiling..............
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Devo1956

Murray wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:01 pm
Okay, since you ask, I live on top of one of the biggest reserves of black coal in earth. Over a million tons a DAY are exported, mainly to China. There are massive reserves of natural gas.
Australia is responsible for about 1% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions, and the vegetation absorbs more than that. We are, in fact carbon negative.
But the lunatic Greens have bullied successive governments into buying into this "Climate Change" fraud. Billions and billions and billions of dollars have been spent dismantling a first world class power generation system and installing alternative energy systems that DO NOT WORK.
The windmills and solar panels might have a potential output of many gigawatts of electricity. In reality they produce about 10% of that. Simples is, they don't work when the sun don't shine, i.e. every night, and the wind don't blow. Or when the wind blows too hard.
Instead of plenty of readily available power, we are paying some of the highest costs in the world to pay for the escalating cost of the diminishing supply.
Climate Change is a political agenda, not a physical reality. It is part of the push towards a centralized system of government., or "One World Order" if you like. It is a myth. The climate has warmed by 0.18 degrees per DECADE for the last four decades. Less than the normal fluctuation seen over any similar period.
Now the government here are starting to tell us what we should eat, less meat, more vegetables. What we should drive, an electric car, even though there is not enough electricity. What we should think, the earth is boiling..............
Well Murray, you have every right to blow a fuse, It simply will not work, no matter what the dream factory says.
Buster121

Murray all the same things as here, even the Labour party had a 28billion pot of borrowing every year once they get in power thankfully they have put it on hold
Trev

Devo1956 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:45 pm I think i will get a log burner in for the next winter, we just use central heating at the present.
We don't have gas or central heating, we are all electric which is expensive. Our bill went up considerably as well last month, but of course I wa off work for six weeks so did have heating on during the day when it was really cold. There is only two of us, the only heating we have on in the house is in the lounge and more often than not we use the open fire rather than the heating. Our hot water is an immersion heater and of course we cook electric and shower electric, we have noticed a big reduction since having a smart meter fitted though !!
Devo1956

Trev wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:00 am
Devo1956 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:45 pm I think i will get a log burner in for the next winter, we just use central heating at the present.
We don't have gas or central heating, we are all electric which is expensive. Our bill went up considerably as well last month, there is only two of us, the only heating we have on in the house is in the lounge and more often than not we use the open fire rather than the heating. Our hot water is an immersion heater and of course we cook electric and shower electric, we have noticed a big reduction since having a smart meter fitted though !!
I do have a smart meter Trev, i just thought my energy price doubled up. Using around the same energy. I will check next bill.
Trev

Murray wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:01 pm
I completely agree mate, it is a very broken and sad world we live in today. From an agricultural point of view I genuinely believe that our government (who ever we have/get) don't think we need to produce food over here, we can let other countries do that buy it in !! All they want over here is Bio digesters, solar farms and wind turbines to try and supply all the electric we will need in the future, then they will really have us all by the short and curlies 😬😬 All this to move away from fossil fuels 🤔 now we are going to need shit loads of batteries, what is in them 🤔 "Selenium" which is a mined fossil fuel 😬😡🤬 And what the hell is going to happen to all these millions of batteries that are going to need disposing of one day !!!!
That's my rant for now lol
Buster121

We don't have gas or central heating, we are all electric which is expensive. Our bill went up considerably as well last month, but of course I wa off work for six weeks so did have heating on during the day when it was really cold. There is only two of us, the only heating we have on in the house is in the lounge and more often than not we use the open fire rather than the heating. Our hot water is an immersion heater and of course we cook electric and shower electric, we have noticed a big reduction since having a smart meter fitted though !!
We have a smart meter as well but not seen any redutions
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:58 am
I think the only reason we did mate was because their estimates of what they thought we were using were miles out, that's why we got the smart meter because I couldn't get any sense out of anyone 😬🤯🤯
Buster121

Trev wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:52 pm
Buster121 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:58 am

I think the only reason we did mate was because their estimates of what they thought we were using were miles out, that's why we got the smart meter because I couldn't get any sense out of anyone 😬🤯🤯
Before we had the smart meter we used to send readings in over the internet